• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cyberwings.com FREE hosting division

It sucks. It doesn't even sy what they offer! It has a crap name, and signup is via e-mail! Some kinda host!

Originally posted by roly
It sucks. It doesn't even sy what they offer! It has a crap name, and signup is via e-mail! Some kinda host!

Actually, hosts with email sign-up are probably the ones you shoudl trust.

While I agree with AlabamaMan, I also agree with roly. This host does suck. They haven't even gotten permission from Paramount to use the images/name yet, so they could be sued any minute and have to change their URL. They don't look too professional to me, and they might not even be able to offer you a CGI-bin or anything. Once someone has tried it, please tell us what you think!

How can you say it sucks? Have you tried it? If so, what problems did you have?

Look, we don't suck. I own and operate Cyberwings.com and we have 1800+ websites, 700+ unique users, and 100+ resellers all very happy. HOWEVER, that being said, we DO want to be able to offer some FREE hosting to people who deserve it - schools, students, non profit organizations, etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all, period.

I am the Owner of Cyberwings and I have PERSONALLY called Harvey Entertainment to talk about this. The site was put online with a tentative committment to have it REVIEWED (letter already written and sent into the appropriate people there) and have an official yay or nay for the site. We are waiting for their final approval. Chances are real good they will support us wholeheartedly from what I have heard so far.

No need to blast us for wanting to offer selective FREE hosting. We offer a VERY high quality PAID hosting service as well, but this is for FREE hosting. All people have to do is write to us, tell us what they're looking for, and we'll respond. Real simple, and it doesn't suck. Feel free to browse many forums and read the rave reviews Cyberwings is getting from our users - one user at a time, we're growing, and we're maintaining excellent levels of customer service, support and pricing.

That being said - are any of you here Cyberwing customers? Or Casper Hosting applicants? Don't knock what you don't know about.

Yeah I trust you, but maybe you should consider fixing up your site up some, and the responses here would be a bit different.

Agreed, our site DOES need to be revamped, but why would you judge a host SOLELY on their sites? I know LOTS of good hosts with sites that didn't take $10,000 in design time to do. Our site is functional and informative. I'll take that any day over flashy and useless.

Originally posted by Cyberwings
Agreed, our site DOES need to be revamped, but why would you judge a host SOLELY on their sites? I know LOTS of good hosts with sites that didn't take $10,000 in design time to do. Our site is functional and informative. I'll take that any day over flashy and useless.

Most sites that are not good, are not high quality. I speak from experience.

I currently host my Cub Scout site (http://www.pack357.com) with www.casperhosting.com and I have never had a problem. Any questions were quickly answered by the owner.

I also have another site http://www.jakesfreebietown.com Jakes Freebie Town which is hosted by the www.Cyberwings.com

I have never felt more comfortable with my hosting company. I usually get a quick response to my questions and if one needs more investigation then I get a response after all the facts are gathered.

If Cyberwings were on the stock market I would definately buy stock. Customer service usually shows how good a company is. I give them an A+ for customer service.

Back