• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cyberwings CLOSED!!!!

snk

Cyberwings CLOSED!!!!

I pay it and haven't use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Cyberwings CLOSED!!!!!

Methinks someone is spreading falsehoods.

Cyberwings is NOT closing.

"I heard a rumor (I heard a rumor)" - Bananarama

If you're upset, you can get a refund... they've offered refunds to anyone who wants one.

One of my sites with them hasn't been down at all, no problems... the other two have been down. Personally, I'm just glad they're making these changes now instead of later. Soon they'll be on new servers with new bandwidth providers and better uptime than ever... the prices will be increasing significantly I gather, so I don't mind paying the old price to be on the new servers. (Plus they've added and extra three months free for everyone.)

yes -- the "significant" raise in prices is probably the best news i'd heard out of them in ages.

going Chicken Little about the whole thing is a little out of the way. i'm cynical about the whole affair (it's so cheap, how??) but at the moment it's what i can afford, so while i'm broke and completely unwilling to go freespace, i'll use it. so far, i admit, i've been VERY satisfied with my use with them. spoiled even. their servers are nice and snappy. my websites have had minimal downtime, except for when they moved their datacenter -- a move that pretty much started July 3rd.

i'm not a rabid believer of them, or anything, but i'll say that so far their trackrecord is impressive. except for the very stupid mistake of not telling their customer base that they were EXPECTING the outage that started on the 3rd -- notifying everyone about the outage, the DAY OF the outage was a little bit...well, idioitic.

but they are offering 3 months free service as compensation for all active users who suffered for it. i know my webtraffic has been very wounded from it.... so it's only right that they offer compensation.

but 'dead'?

well.

not yet. hopefully not for a while, anyways.

How are they giving 3 months free? Doesn't CW offer yearly plans?

The reason I ask is b/c I got their $8/year (if I read their site right and I thought I did) plan and I don't get how they give 3 months free unless it's a monthly plan.

Also, if you signed up before the outages are you going to ever have to pay more for your hosting or is it the same price as it was before?

Last edited:
The date when your site comes up for annual renewal is pushed back three months, that's what it means... as though you'd actually bought the plan 3 months after you did.

They've advertised during all their sales that you pay the same price for renewal every year as you pay the first time, never have to pay the current rate, so I'd assume that still applies. (Hopefully.)

Last edited:
Thanks Hoth! :)

They now claim current members will get upgrades free of charge. But they also claimed they'd be up this weekend!

CWstatus works for me at the moment. They seem to be saying that they're abandoning their old servers and that everyone will have to upload from scratch to the new merged AYW accounts. If that's the case, I'm really glad my forums site is on one of their old rackshack servers considering I hadn't backed up the database for a few weeks (doing so right now)... it wouldn't have been fun to lose that. [edit] From their posted Q&A, looks like they are taking legal action against lightspeed to get the servers and old data back... but feel like spending thousands of dollars on new servers meanwhile, in addition. Can't say I know where all their money comes from...

Last edited:
What???? Are you serious that they lost all our data? We have to upload everything from scratch? If that is the case, I will be really pissed off. How would I trust the host anymore to use them anymore. I did not even make recent back up of my phpBB2 forum that was hosted there. I would have lost about 2 weeks worth of posts and a whole bunch of attachments from that forum. I cannot replace them.

By the way, I cannot access cwstatus.com either.

Although they should have given you warning, you really can't put the blame on them if you didn't make a recent backup of your site. No matter what, its not their responsability.

It pretty sad seeing hosts / employee's / associates of web hosts bashing this company. That shows a lot.

Yeah I can access it now too.

Quick question- I paid $8 for 220MB and 12GB of bandwith at their 1st anniversary discount time. Was this one of the AYW plans? If not, will it be one now that gets the 50% more bonus? I could use the extra b/w...

I gather, although I'm not sure, that they'll restore the old data or at least give the option of doing so after they get the old servers back... but they have no idea when that will be, and they're going to start up with new servers meanwhile.

I can't say for sure if that plan would've been AYW... do you recall if it came with multiple domains? It looks similar to their new AYW1 plan, which is 5 domains/250 MB/12 GB/5 DB.

Last edited:
CYBERWINGS IS IN DEFAULT

Cyberwings is in default...
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=61019

"Contrary to Cyberwing Communications' assertions, the ongoing outage being experienced by customers of Cyberwing has resulted from Cyberwing's repeated failure to pay to Lightship certain contractually-agreed amounts. Lightship was ready and eager to continue to provide Internet services, including technical support, to Cyberwing.

We would request that Cyberwing customers contact Cyberwing directly regarding any service, support and data-related issues."

Does anyone believe in you get what you pay for? Hope this is a bit of a wake up call tp people who think cheap is best.

The fact is they were so cheap that they couldn't pay their bills.

Back