• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cyberwings Back

i prefer

AYW 12

myself

$155/yr

650MB Disk Space
Full DNS
72 Databases
144GB Data-transfer per month

i might signup :cool:

And Start a download store :cool2:

Do you guys seriously think they will survive? They are counting on new signups to keep them afloat. When they do die, as many predict on various boards I frequent alot, and I mean alot of clients will be looking for new hosts.

Originally posted by MN-Robert
Do you guys seriously think they will survive?
Considering they have their own data-center, yes.

Really cheap bandwidth + overcrowded servers + heavy reliance on numbers game = cheap host with potential to survive :eek:

I believe too, that Cyberwings can go on this way. They'll survive. Of course they'll torture some customers, but who knows, maybe that's fine for them.

Do you guys seriously think they will survive? They are counting on new signups to keep them afloat. When they do die, as many predict on various boards I frequent alot, and I mean alot of clients will be looking for new hosts.

I agree. It is impossible to make any profit.

Bruce, they have their own datacenter but how do they pay for the maintainance of this data center if they are not pulling in a profit?

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Bruce, they have their own datacenter but how do they pay for the maintainance of this data center if they are not pulling in a profit?

They have Puffy backin them. :D

As far as I can tell, they are discontinuing there virtual hosting in order to better focus on there reseller service. Its obviously unproffitable, that is most likely why they are discontinuing it.

Originally posted by Haze

As far as I can tell, they are discontinuing there virtual hosting in order to better focus on there reseller service. Its obviously unproffitable, that is most likely why they are discontinuing it.

Now they get a taste of the real world and how money and hard-drives don't grow on trees.

How many non-warez sites actually use 144GB of bandwidth?

But I think they are using the "they won't use as much as they buy" tactic way too far.

Shawn seems to be pretty sure his business will survive as he stated that many, many times on his forums. :)

Originally posted by GRiN
Shawn seems to be pretty sure his business will survive as he stated that many, many times on his forums. :)
What do you expect him to say?
Hey I just realized myacen gave me a better deal than them :D

Too bad I don't...? :D
But their new AYW plans seem pretty good. At least now they're charging you something.
I wouldn't be surprised if they stay up for another year or two.
Although I already have an account with them, I'm looking for something better... :p

Originally posted by GRiN

Well you don't expect him to say his business will fail do you?

I'm intruiged to hear about this "data center". Does anyone have proof of it's existence and whereabouts. I could call our office a data center if you count the local machine we have running there. I've also heard of "data centers" operating out the back of an abattoir. :D:D:D

I would like to meet the accountants that did their books, the independant appraiser and the bank officer who lent the cash on the formers findings.

Back