• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cutting out parts of DivX files

Coolin

NL[C]
NLC
I have like 50 episodes encoded into DivX and I want to cut out the intro and the ending as they are the same in all episodes. I'm trying to do this in order to conserve disk space, as I'm sure 3mins x 50episodes is a lot of megs. I was wondering if anyone knew how to cut out part of DivX files without needed to decode and then encode the files again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

VirtualDub. Just edit when to start and end recompressing the DivX file.

Video > Select Range (the times are in milliseconds, 1/1000th of a second)

You may want to also do this:

Video > Frame Rate

and change it so that the video & audio matches.

I might as well also ask this.

What's the best format to compress anime in? I have 6 gigs of CCS episodes and they're all like 80-100 megs. Any recommendations for a good format to lower the file size without losing much quality?

RealVideo 8.0 @ 225.1 Kbps Video + RealAudio 8.0 @ 132 Kbps

Encode the video and audio seperately, then use an SMIL file. That's what I would do. Save the original files to CD.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
RealVideo 8.0 @ 225.1 Kbps Video + RealAudio 8.0 @ 132 Kbps

Encode the video and audio seperately, then use an SMIL file. That's what I would do. Save the original files to CD.
The fact that the originals are already at that bitrate doesn't help much... And why do I need that much audio? It's not like the characters talk in CD quality music...

And what's a SMIL file? :confused:

SMIL = Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language

Hmm, how about just burning the files to CD, then just using them off the CD?

Hmm, how about just burning the files to CD, then just using them off the CD?
That'd take 10 CD's, I don't have the resources, that's my I'm asking all this.

Is the audio sampling rate 44.1Khz or lower? Then use RealSystem Producer 8 Basic and use 150.1 Kbps video + Normal Motion video.

Is the audio sampling rate 44.1Khz or lower? Then use RealSystem Producer 8 Basic and use 150.1 Kbps video + Normal Motion video.
I have Reapl Producer 8 Pro ^_^

Anyway, what's the difference between Normal Motion and Sharpest Image? I always thought Sharpest Image would have been the best choice =/

If bitrate is moderately low (150 and lower):
Sharpest: about 12-24 fps
Normal Motion : about 20-30 fps
Smoothest Motion: about 22-30 fps

If you had 34 Kbps video, and you were encoding for an hour and you chose Sharpest Image, you'd be screaming like hell.

I lowered my 30fps episodes to 15fps and chose sharpest image. The bitrate was 256k DSL or something like that.

Is that right?

ehh...i think you'd want smoother video rather than sharper, lagging video...

Hmm... How's Windows Media 8? Does it have good quality, Microsoft's claims make it look really good, but I don't base my decisions on false claims...

Also, what VBR latency do you think is good?
And, is two-pass encoding really worth it? It basically doubles the time of encoding.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I need to know for the sake of the well-being of my hard drive. :eek:

Back