• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Customer percentage loss for Direct Admin?.

Paid should have cPanel... As long as you don't put 300 paid accounts on a server.. (we put 16) It should be good enough. We use DA for free accounts, so we can fit hundreds of free users per server, but my view is premium users shouldn't be squished into a server.

Paid should have cPanel...

I disagree. Some people would rather have DirectAdmin or Plesk or whatever else is available. It just depends on the client. I like DA because it is so simple. If you use the power user theme you have nothing but the HTML page load (No images, JS etc. Just some css in the head section of the file) except in the file manager you just have some simple icons.

Last edited:
Let me rephrase that. Paid should have a *good* control panel for their needs. If they are savvy, just give them DA. If they have lower computer skills, then cPanel. It really boils down to who your clients are. Plesk is another one, but if you are talking about DA for the price, then forget Plesk. The reason that smmsWEB uses cPanel on paid hosting is because we *can* provide a fast service with only a few paid accounts per server.

Back