• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CSS Stylesheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycle

Hi..
I was wondering what everyone thought about stylesheets, would you recommend them? The thing is that I have many pages on my site and I want to just make one css document and link to it because I make layout changes often. However, I'm worried about what the older browsers will see. If they won't be affected by the css document, will they just see the default color (i.e. white background, blue links, black text,) is there any way around that like implementing html tags in the stylesheet or is that not possible?
Also, is there any way I can view my site as how it would look in an older browser instead of the i.e.5.5 that i use?

thanks

CSS is the best! For certain types of things it is your best alternative to Javascript. Especial for navagation and rollover type stuff. CSS is probably what I know most about for web design besides basic html. Browsers won't be effected much by it and in actuallity CSS is very compatable compared to other types of scripts. And if the person's browser isn't compatible it must be old and you have to ask yourself how much you want someone with something so old going to your site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back