• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crissic slow as all hell??

fnixws

Kicking your a$$
NLC
Well, not only myself, but my few first clients are complaining constantly about the constant timeouts from the server we are hosted on.

Since most of us are AU, im wondering if any of you US ppls are having problems with their hosting, NOW!

It comes and goes, but when it comes it hits everyone at once. Its happening now and has been ongoing for the last hour. I cant even get a 50k banner to load.

It happened from day1 and when i complained they claimed it was fine and up for them the whole time. However i find it hard to believe. Everything else is working fine for me, why not http://my.crissic.com or anything i have hosted there? Even this lil image! http://www.swiftstardesigns.fnix.ws/ or my main page http://www.fnix.ws/

Just need a few non Aussies to check those out for me please :D

Thanks. :D

Last edited:
Hmm that seems interesting. I am a sales rep for him. I am going to text him on his personal cell phone as well as the server tech. I apologize for any inconvenience.

what else is on the server? you could have a script killing it. There was a proxy on mine stuck in a httpd request loop making the page load time around 5 minutes. :S

and yeah, they all took so long that i closed them. no good.

I have dispatched a phone call. Its possible (knowing our server techs scheduale myself) That he is in the shower. He should get out shortly.

Hello everyone,

I’m working on this error as we speak; our apache server is currently showing over 1000 connections to our web server which is causing the amount of slowness. I’ve got someone at BurstNET working with me to try and fix this error. The server will be up and down for the next 30-45 minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Harry McLaughlin
Crissic Solutions

like i said, check scripts. hunt dont the killer in ssh. if you have people running proxies like zelune, it could be stuck in a loop. that happened to me.

All services should be back to normal now. Thank you all for being patient during this time.

It has come to our attention that a client has been abusing our server with an open ended proxy script of some sort. The proxy script was putting our apache server into a loop, and was using over 300% Memory, causing the server to severally slow down. We have terminated the account and are rebooting the server as we speak. This has appeared to have fixed the issue, and would like to issue an apology for any downtime this may have caused you.

In compensation, Crissic Solutions is willing to issue 20% off Shared, Reseller, and Master Reseller accounts for the following month. Again we are sorry for any issues this may have caused you, and thank you for choosing Crissic Solutions for your web hosting solutions. If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us via the support system, or by calling us at 1(877)-677-8889

Last edited:
Can I make a suggestion for the future - restart Apache as a service first before a reboot. (service restart 1-2 seconds normally, reboot depends)

And have some sort of monitor to alert you to that - not having a go but it seems to be missing.
MTC was right to point out look for the offending article and kill it (most processes looked at in a shell are evident - and some are blatent).

Again I've had some in AU have problems with speeds on US and UK servers due to lag/latency of the carriers so it's a big bag of goodies to choose from but the basics first :wink2:

Glad you got it sorted out and I'm available for weddings & bar mitzvah's

Can anyone tell I'm missing supporting my old hosting co. yet :D

"liear trying to promote yourself via your sig and get into another bashing of crissic."

I dont think im a lier thanks for the -rep though kiddo, i think when about 20 other people cant access it it becomes a tad apparent that its not working ;)

Thanks for checking it out.

Strange tho it took me to post in here before someone from crissic believed me :/

Well at least you sorted it out in the end. Good Job :p

Back