• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Create your own freehost, for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockfire

Hello,

Lyxit is a new cobrand freehost service, which allows anyone with a domain name to make their own free host for free! Established websites are also welcome to join, and add an extra service for their website's users.

You simply signup with us, and create your service. Visit http://www.lyxit.com for details.

Here's a quick list of the most popular features offered in our cobranding service:
-Your users get 10mb space and unmetered bandwidth.
-Your users can use our easy WYSIWYG HTML Webpage Editor
-The end-user control panel is totally customizable
-Your advert in the footer of every members page (Popup, banner, etc.)
-Offer subdomains under one of your domains (e.g. user.yourdomain.com)
-Users can upload files with an easy to use file uploader
-You can monitor and delete user accounts using an admin control panel
-All this for free!

http://www.lyxit.com/?do=screenshots shows some examples of the control panel your user's will get, customized in different colours.

Any questions? Feel free to reply :D

Thanks!
Shockfire.

With Lyxit, you can make a freehost for free! You can even make revenue from your freehost by adding adverts to your member's pages! Here is a list of features that we offer you and your users...
Your users get 10mb space and unmetered bandwidth.

Your users can use our easy WYSIWYG HTML Webpage Editor
The end-user control panel is totally customizable (see Screenshots)

Your advert in the footer of every members page (Popup, banner, etc.)
Offer subdomains under one of your domains (e.g. user.yourdomain.com)

Users can upload files with an easy to use file uploader
You can monitor and delete user accounts using an admin control panel

It's FREE!!!

I think 10 MB for the users is way toooo little. Are we allowed to change that on our account to like 50 MB?

yea, if you're planning to make a MAJOR company you'd need more, but if its jus for personal pages or for starters/testing, it should be good

Do they monitor the traffic to and from all the sites and then sell reports to advertisers and other corporate entities?

Hi,

I'll try to answer your questions.

I think 10 MB for the users is way toooo little. Are we allowed to change that on our account to like 50 MB?
Sorry, all endusers will receive 10mb of space. We believe this is plenty of storage for the average website. For example, 10mb is enough for 40 very high-quality high-resolution JPEG images.

How are you making profit? Or how do you pay for all this?
We put a text-banner advert (like Adsense) on your enduser's pages. The footer of each page can be used for your advertisement, as you wish.

Do they monitor the traffic to and from all the sites and then sell reports to advertisers and other corporate entities?
Although we do monitor traffic (like any other website / webserver), we do not pass on this information to third-parties. Please take a look at our TOS for details, located at http://www.lyxit.com/?do=terms

Any more questions? Feel free to post :)

Last edited:
do we need to change our name servers....if so what are they cus my website stinks right now and im thinkin bout changin it to somethin...this sounds good.

yah and does it say anywhere that you guys host us.
and can we have our own home page our one made by you guys,
cu i use stupid yahoo with idiotic banner thing on the bottum and i ise html to break out of frames....can i still do that?????

Hi,

I can confirm that the service no longer accepts new signups. Here is a statement we had on our main page, untill recently:
Lyxit Notice

Lyxit's cobrand service has now closed down to new applications.

This is due to a mixture of false signups (and distributed spamming of the signup system) and service abuse by some cobrands.

All those who have signed up and have established a free host will be allowed to continue to run, and will still receive support as usual. Those who have not yet established a freehost will have their account deleted.

Lyxit may be returning in the future as a free host service.

Thanks!
The Lyxit Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back