• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cPanel wants to 'eliminate' WHMCS

Personally I would rather keep my billing system separate.. As much as I like cPanel products I also do not want all my eggs in one basket.

ummm eliminate the competition isn't that kind of a issue with the law as I know that this could be and issue in court as it could be considered anti-competetive.

ummm eliminate the competition isn't that kind of a issue with the law as I know that this could be and issue in court as it could be considered anti-competetive.

Anybody can sue for pretty much anything. Whether they'll win or not is another issue. The company that feels they're being violated by monopolistic practices will have to file a lawsuit (and win) in order for anything to be done. That's highly unlikely considering WHMCS is an English company and cPanel is based in the US. The only other thing that could happen would occur if the government stepped in and imposed some kind of anti-trust nonsense. Once again, not likely to happen since the companies are based in two entirely different countries. Besides that, the government rarely gets involved in matters like this unless it's for the common good.

Really with all the different competitors out there today and with the fact that some are really pushing to be quite good these days. ClientExec is really being worked on hard, boxbilling the new kid on the block, hostbill, and whmcs and all the others really is this smart of cpanel? Are they gonna support anything but there panel?

WHMCS does confuse a lot of people since they assume it's included with cPanel/WHM (notice the CS isn't on the end of cPanel's).

cPanel: End-User Control Panel (Part of cPanel)
WHM: Admin / Reseller Control Panel (Part of cPanel)
WHMCS: Client management, billing and support solution. This is not owned by cPanel Inc and is not a part of cPanel, although many hosts do use it to manage their business effectively.

One good thing with cPanel getting into the whole billing/support system business, is that it will force the other competitors (WHMCS, HostBill etc) to improve their software.

WHMCS has built of a very good reputation as a billing system. It will be pretty hard for cPanel to take that away.

On the downside WHMCS might just not have the platform John, as it's pretty much tied to WHM/cPanel - so it would be putting them out in the desert.

Did you know cPanel was first on the go in 1977, only ** (yeh like I'm gonna say that here) years younger than me, it would kill CS as they would drop it like a stone as soon as their own was up.

Plus side - no one likes paying for basically 3 sets of software to do 1 job, they should be talking not splitting.

Now thats a news for me.

I am just wondering if the billing system will be a part of cpanel or do we have to purchase a separate license for it?

It's a great news however the sad part of this actually maybe that it won't be bundled with cPanel/WHM. cPanel would sell it as a different product because if they don't they won't get the extra revenue or they'd basically hike the licensing costs.

It's a great news however the sad part of this actually maybe that it won't be bundled with cPanel/WHM. cPanel would sell it as a different product because if they don't they won't get the extra revenue or they'd basically hike the licensing costs.

If they hike teh licensing cost then they might have to work hard to survive teh competition.

Do not think this is the elimination. How many people are still using WHMCS? The answer shows what are the real intentions of cPanel.

This likely wouldn't cut into the WHMCS market very heavily, as they've diversified their module portfolio to include many, many other hosting management systems. Additionally, as they are currently a market leader, they've been able to heavily invest in a myriad of gateway integrations and product specialization projects.

With that in mind however, their product does lack some key features, which hopefully some competition by a major player, such as Cpanel, will remedy.

I would love cPanel would come out with a brand new control panel with built in billing. Can't see it happening though.

Cpanel billing is going to be great since they would be easily able to blend most aspects of hosting and build a tightly integrated solution. Just wondering when cpanel would be coming out with a helpdesk.

Personal opinion here but I think its dumb!

I want my billing completely set aside from my hosting.

That and I already own a WHMCS license :p

Back