• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cPanel / Shared / USA / Reliable Host

Let me begin by saying that I really think that you're asking for a bit much for your budget. (You have a lot of "unlimiteds" in there.) I will provide you with a plan that is as closely aligned with your request as I can.

USA Only: We are located in the United States.
cPanel Only: We offer cPanel
10-25g HD: 12 GB of Space
250-1000g BW: 60 GB of Bandwidth
Unlimited Add-on Domains: 5 Addon Domains
Unlimited Subdomains: 30 Subdomains
Unlimited FTP Accounts: Unlimited FTP Accounts
Unlimited Email Accounts: Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Databases: 12 Databases
Fantastico or Softaculous: Fantastico Installed
Provide cpanel transfer from old host: As long as your old account is in good standing
How long have you been in business?: Over 10 years
What is your server uptime?: Currently 99.98%
Where is the server located?: Houston, TX
Do you consider your host to be reliable? Yes, very reliable
Do you allow legal adult / live chat? Yes, this is fine.

This package will cost $11.95 monthly.
We also have a promotion going on where you can get 50% off your first billing cycle.
Yes, we accept paypal and payment month to month is fine.

Additional space/bandwidth can always be purchased if you run low.

I have been using cPanel for a long time, and "unlimited" with the exception
of bw and space is pretty much common practice since you have that
ability. You are not going to be charged any more for offering 5 add-on
domains compared to offering 100, or unlimited domains. Just because
a host offers unlimited does not mean that a client will ever be able
to use unlimited...regardless, I do not need unlimited, but I do need
enough to cover what is in my current cPanel, otherwise some stuff
maybe left out if I do not have enough db's or addon's to cover those
items. I would need 20 db's and at least 30 addon's, and most of them
are redirects, but they take up a addon spot none the less. I do not
imagine I would need any sub domains since I do not use them. I really
do not need fantastico...just more cheap scripts....

Last edited:
The limitations are generally put in place to prevent abuse. When a host offers "unlimited" add on domains, there's nothing in place to prevent the account holder from registering tons of free .tk domains and hosting dozens of them, or providing hosting services to his friends and everybody else. Each additional domain added to the server will create more and more load, more DNS queries, etc.

When "unlimited" is offered, you're right, most people will not use a ton of resources, or even come close. (Most people rarely use their space and bandwidth allocations anyway.) But there are always people out there who will, which is why we don't allow it.

We believe in 100% customer service, and that's why we've been in business for over 10 years. We also believe that lying and overselling our servers is a fast track to failure, which is why we have limitations and precautions in place. We're willing to work with folks to make a plan for them that is right. We can (and do) make exceptions to those who request additional resources with justification. You can ask any of our current clients who have experienced the difference when dealing with us and our hosting options.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Hostdime resource policy.
AVERAGE SERVER RESOURCE LIMITS
Memory usage may not exceed 10% per domain/file/application
CPU usage may not exceed 20% per domain/file/application
Apache connections may not exceed 30 connections
15 MySQL maximum user connections allowed
350 emails per hour, per domain

Hostgator
User may not:
1) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
2) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
3) Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
4) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
5) Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
6) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
7) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
8) Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
9) Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
10) When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php") use include("include.php")
11) To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
12) Only use https protocol when necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.

my point here is just to show that most compnaies will not allow you to use that many system resources.

I disagree. His budget is around $10 monthly and you're not going to find a decent VPS for that cheap.

Then he needs to raise his budget. He has a completely unrealistic budget for what he is trying to run. He doesn't want an oversold or overloaded server, but he plans on slamming the CPU and RAM with this script? That's nice.

While I can't find specific requirements out there for Cometchat (how convenient of them), there are plenty of discussions in which VPS servers have been brought to their knees by that script, with not more than 25-30 people chatting. It simply is not suitable for shared hosting...nor a $10 VPS, for that matter.

Then he needs to raise his budget. He has a completely unrealistic budget for what he is trying to run. He doesn't want an oversold or overloaded server, but he plans on slamming the CPU and RAM with this script? That's nice.

While I can't find specific requirements out there for Cometchat (how convenient of them), there are plenty of discussions in which VPS servers have been brought to their knees by that script, with not more than 25-30 people chatting. It simply is not suitable for shared hosting...nor a $10 VPS, for that matter.

Find somebody with a dedicated server and not some cheap VPS that has extremely limited resources.

Find somebody with a dedicated server and not some cheap VPS that has extremely limited resources.

Absolutely! These were people with their own VPS, not a hosting company running a VPS. I think you misunderstood.

So if quite a few people with a 512mb+ VPS were saying that Cometchat was using all their resources, after you take out the overhead for the control panel, you're probably talking 350+ mb of RAM and tons of CPU usage. You let your shared hosting clients get away with those kinds of resource usages for $10/mo? More power to you, I guess.

I believe that would be not easy task at all to find such people.
Shared account looks like the best option now. BTW is OP is still looking for the web hosting account or have found one already?

What are you talking about?

The resource usage of this guy's cometchat... I haven't been able to find actual hard numbers anywhere out there, and would be curious what the RAM and CPU usages are under load with a reasonable amount of users.

When the host is running decent machines with good hardware, you don't even notice an increase in resource usage. People these days seem to think that you can buy some cheap VPS for $10 per month, install cPanel and run a decent web host off 512MB of ram and a 50 GB hard disk allocation. News is.... you can't. Unless of course you're only planning on hosting a handfull of low end sites.

The answer is... since he's moved over to us, I have noticed NO changes in CPU or RAM usage for the server that he's on.

Back