• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cPanel for Windows

clubhost

Hi All,

As you know cPanel has become a brand name in the web hosting control panel industry and they have already launched their control panel for windows under the name Enkompass, would you as a web host or as a customer prefer this over the existing control panels for windows viz. Helm, Plesk, DotNetPanel, HostingController etc?

Enkompass looks like a great alternative to DotNetPanel and others. Since it's developed by cPanel, I would prefer to use this should I ever offer Windows hosting.

Yeah why not? cPanel is mainly known for providing automation with ease so it's worth having a control panel like Encompass if you're providing windows hosting.

Sure, Enkompass is worth a try, after all it was developed by cPanel, which is the most popular of control panels. It's stable, easy to use, and has great support. It'll be interesting how well they do over time. Haven't tried it out yet.

hmmm i dont know first its expensive second i dont think thay have tghe same futures like the the linux version . but sure do u like windows hosting so its good . but linux my fav . :) good luck .

Why didn't they simply call it cPanel for Windows? Don't understand the decision to rename a well known brand.

May give it a try, no harm :)

Why didn't they simply call it cPanel for Windows?
Maybe they intend to market it as an individual brand? "cPanel for Windows" looks like the control panel is weak and depending on current cPanel.

Maybe they intend to market it as an individual brand? "cPanel for Windows" looks like the control panel is weak and depending on current cPanel.

Wouldn't have thought that was a good marketing move, as you can tell straight off it's the WHM/cPanel interface.

Only had a few windows servers that I used for hosting in the far past and the control panels were always a bit pricey, but looking at the licensing terms for Enkompass it's on a per client account basis, not per vps/server that's going to hit the costs for windows providers.

Any current windows hosts care to chip in on the licensing, I don't think it'll go down well personally when you read through the way it works out (to add a partial license they even charge an extra fee) all annual charging as well apparently.

Almost tempting to see if a request for an unlimited accounts windows reseller using it would get any offers :D

cPanel for Windows?

There was a case when the shell filemanager Windows Commander developers were sued by Microsoft and had to change tha name of product. Cannot say the same of cPanel, but this appears to be the most reasonable explanation of new brand instead of using the tested one.

Back