• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cool...I just got Opera!

My point is... I want those buttons handy at all times, but have them small enough so they don't take up screen space.

You can have small buttons in IE (i know you can have this in opera), and if you stick them on the same row as the File, Edit, View, Favorites etc... bar, you save a lot of space. You can't do this in Opera or Mozilla.

File | Preferences

Check what you have in "Page Style" and "History and cache".

My point is... I want those buttons handy at all times, but have them small enough so they don't take up screen space.
You just move so fast, you can take the time to minimize and maximize a toolbar (which only takes one click), you need each and evey one of those buttons NOW! ;)
You can have small buttons in IE (i know you can have this in opera), and if you stick them on the same row as the File, Edit, View, Favorites etc... bar, you save a lot of space. You can't do this in Opera or Mozilla.
You can choose which buttons to show and which to hide from Edit > Preferences > Navigator and if you want smaller buttons you can install a different theme, one that uses small buttons.

Originally posted by Dusty
Opera has "paste in personal information" which you could use for that purpose. Right-click a form element, move over "insert", then select the value to paste in.

I like Mozilla's Password Manager, though.
Yea, it has that, but nothing that keeps your login info, like IE. For example, when I load my email login page, all i do is type the first character of my username, and IE pops up with the full. I click that, and it fills in my username, and password too. I think the Mozilla Password Manager sounds nice...But I tried Moz and thought Opera was a lot better than it. Moz was just too slow.

I usually wouldn't reply to a thread that was around a day old but I'll make an exception here.

Opera does indeed seem to be faster then Mozilla from what I've seen. However it's 6.0 beta for Linux seems to use around 12 MB of ram where Mozilla only uses 7 MB. I personally prefer Opera right now for the previous reasons stated but Mozilla has a LOT of potential. It's already made it quite far and is quite impressive.

I'm curious, those of you who use Opera or Mozilla are you using it because you use a OS that doesn't support Internet Explorer or do you truly prefer it over IE?

For Windows systems I nearly always use IE but otherwise Opera is my browser of choice.

I'm curious, those of you who use Opera or Mozilla are you using it because you use a OS that doesn't support Internet Explorer or do you truly prefer it over IE?
The second one, I truly prefer Mozilla over IE.

Opera's not a bad browser, but I don't really like the feel of it.

Originally posted by Todd

Both, actually. I use Moz on Windows because it hasn't crashed on me yet--something I can't say for IE--and I use Moz on Linux because (thankfully) IE isn't available.

Originally posted by Todd

Yes, I truly prefer Opera over IE. :p

Originally posted by Dusty
You can choose which buttons to show and which to hide from Edit > Preferences > Navigator and if you want smaller buttons you can install a different theme, one that uses small buttons.
No, duh, I know you can have small buttons.

But you still can't put the buttons and the address bar and the File, Edit, View... menus on the same row in Opera nor Mozilla (Mozilla puts the buttons and address bar on the same row but the buttons are huge).

You said you just wanted to save as much space as possible for the page. That can be done by using smaller buttons, turning off unneeded buttons, minimizing infrequently used toolbars, and turning off never used toolbars. Now it seems that you you want it all on one bar, regardless if it's small or if it serves a purpose, just on one bar. No, neither Mozilla nor Opera can do that.
I know you can have small buttons.
You didn't seem to realize this in your previous post and you seem to have forgotten it towards the end of your current post ("Mozilla ... buttons are huge").

Ok... I ask you, can any of the other browsers save this much screen space but still have all the buttons handy such as this?

Attachments

• iebar.gif
    iebar.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 22
Heh, I use IE6 along with EditPlus so I can have multiple browser windows inside one window all together. I wonder if anybody else does the same. If I use IE browser windows only though, my Win98 is higher at risk of crashing upon having too many, that's why I use EditPlus along with. And, I use a lot of browser windows usually.

I've so far used IE, Netscape, and Opera. I still prefer IE. I haven't used Mozilla, or anything else yet.

There are programs that do the same thing, and are meant for it. I think one was called NetCaptor. No need to go through EditPad.

Originally posted by Coolin
Ok... I ask you, can any of the other browsers save this much screen space but still have all the buttons handy such as this?

This is as small as I can seem to get it in Opera.. but I don't need the room. I could also get rid of the google search box, but it's useful.

Attachments

• operabar.gif
    operabar.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 21
Originally posted by Canuckkev
There are programs that do the same thing, and are meant for it. I think one was called NetCaptor. No need to go through EditPad.

I don't know if you're replying to my post, or not, but I said EditPlus. EditPlus is much better than something like EditPad. I also like usin' it 'cause I can code up some stuff in one window, have one text window to keep little notes, and as well use browser windows. It's quite comfortable really. Haven't yet used NetCaptor though. I'll check that out anyway.

Only minuses for me are is that it has less browser options (I don't use those other options all that much anyway though) and when you click on a link for a '_blank' target it opens in a IE window.

Back