• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cool clock / calendar mouse icon

ProDave

I was emailed this nice script recently. I've posted it at http://www.network54.com/Realm/digitaltv/clock.htm

There's no page content, just the script to produce the clock / calendar mouse cursor.

Personally I think it's a great bit of programming, certainly the most complex javascript that I have ever seen.

I post it here for your enjoyment, and to show an example of a complex javascript application. It wasn't coded by me, indeed I don't know who coded it. If you make use of it, you do so at your own risk, as I don't know who owns the copyright to it.

Enjoy.

Doesn't do anything, just a blank page with a copyright notice. Don't worry Network54, I wont steal your blankness.

i don't like those mouse icon following thingies (like my technical language? :biggrin2: ), but i must admit that is pretty sweet. :cool2:

Me neither. It would be cooler if everything just swept in and then stayed put.

It's funny, This script has been posted everywhere the latest months. In reality it's a several years old freeware script. That's the Internet for you. It goes round and round and round. :p

Because as you use to say they aren't the same browser. :p

I said it was old:
-------
ns=(document.layers);
ie=(document.all);
-------

Last edited:
Originally posted by Bruce
I see a copyright notice... why copyright a blank page? :confused2

The copyright notice is from the free host, Network54.com that I chose to post it on.

They put this copyright notice at the bottom of every page. Seems a bit odd to me, as the page is really copyright of whoever wrote it, and not Network54. What they should have is something to say it's hosted on Network54 perhaps, that would be more appropriate.

P.S Why was this moved? I was posting an example of what I think is a well written Java script application, so would have thought the Webdesign / HTML board was an appropriate place for it, so why has it been moved to General Discussions?

I was wondering that too! I had just posted to this thread and went to General just to find it there too. Must be Jan or Wedude that had one of their drunken spells again. :p

Doesn't Network54 have mostly hosted services, message boards and such? Maybe that's why they use the ©.

I moved it because it seems every man and their dog has seen it by now. I thought about adding it to a page about 18 months ago I think :eek:

And you would probably get more interest here anyway for those that may not have seen it, as not too many frequent html forum.

Originally posted by meow
Doesn't Network54 have mostly hosted services, message boards and such? Maybe that's why they use the ©.
Yes they mainly provide discussion forums and chatrooms, that are hosted on their own servers. I use their discussion forums on a couple of my sites.

As an aside to this, any user of their forums or chatrooms can also get 1mB of free web space from them. 1MB is not a lot, but for small simple sites it's another usefull source of free web space, providing you don't mind their copyright notice being stuck onto the bottom of your page. You can only upload via their web interface which is a bit tempremental to say the least. So depending upon what you want from free webspace, you might find it usefull, or you might find it a right pain in the **** and not worth bothering with.

P.S I'll bet this now gets moved to the free webspace forum LOL

Back