• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Converting .VOB files to .avi? or .wmv?

.Bobby

Hey guys,

The title says it. I've recorded some stuff on my handycam, but don't seem to be able to 'extract' anything from the Disc (when I insert it into my com). Is there any program that allows me to do this? Or any other relevant advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Are you sure you have a DVD reader/writer on your PC?
2. What do you see when you insert the disc into your PC?
3. SUPER converter is a converting program.

1. Yes.
ekmjjo.jpg

3. Is http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html it?

1. Ok.

2. Try opening your DVD drive with a file explorer and copying the files out.

3. Yup.

1692dzo.jpg

Do I copy em all? I've no idea how to compile all of em into one file, that is, to finally make it, let's say, one .avi file. Sorry about it. Pretty bad with this, first time.

Also, do you personally recommend SUPER converter? If you have any good Paid Programs, please do list them as well.

Last edited:
You should be able to copy out the DVD files from the disc.

About the conversion... it should take quite a while. I would suggest converting all to a high quality AVI format before joining them together with another program. I've personally never done this before so yea, I guess my help more or less ends here. :S

The thing is, with most DVD's (On mine anyway...) they seem to have TS_VIDEO and TS_AUDIO, in seperate parts, so it's more than a simple copy off the disk through explorer then conversion so I don't have much experience with actually converting them too.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/389926/convert_vob_dvd_to_mpeg_files_no_recoding/

I've done this before, just change the file extension from VOB to MPEG.

I'm talking about from the RAW disc which you put into the HandyCam - I guess that's why it doesn't have a AUDIO_TS.

Nevertheless, i'll look at the video.

Thanks!

This renaming to .mpg doesn't seem to work so well for me. (As seen in the above screenshot) My VIDEO_TS Folder consist of two .VOB files. And I suspect it requires both to actually function at it's full length. I tried renaming 'VTS_01_1.VOB' (as seen above), to .mpg, but only got a 12sec video. Considering the one i've renamed (VTS_01_1.VOB) is the bigger of the two .VOB files, shouldn't it be approx. 15min? Since my full length of my video, is about 30mins, I guess.

I may be wrong though, as i'm very new to this. First time..

Thanks for your help guys.

This renaming to .mpg doesn't seem to work so well for me. (As seen in the above screenshot) My VIDEO_TS Folder consist of two .VOB files. And I suspect it requires both to actually function at it's full length. I tried renaming 'VTS_01_1.VOB' (as seen above), to .mpg, but only got a 12sec video. Considering the one i've renamed (VTS_01_1.VOB) is the bigger of the two .VOB files, shouldn't it be approx. 15min? Since my full length of my video, is about 30mins, I guess.

I may be wrong though, as i'm very new to this. First time..

Thanks for your help guys.

Get this: http://www.yasasoft.com/magicdvdripper/md_download.htm

It may be $40 but it may be the software that helps you.

Done. The thing is, i've got VIDEO_TS.VOB, and VIDEO_01_1.VOB (this is the same for .IFO, if it's of any help). I suspect both the files (VIDEO_TS & VIDEO_01_1) for both formats are required to actually play the full length of the Video clip Recorded.

The thing is, I don't seem to be able to get around doing this. Apologies for the silly questions. New to this.

Thanks!

Back