• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Control panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
is there any type of control panel that would just allow signup creation of /usr dir and uploader, for basic php and html stuff?
kinda like tripod etc

None are made and openly downloaded that I know of. But I helped a guy one time to create his through MSN. Very simply.

You should be able to make your own within an hour or so, with a theme. Just use a premade filemanager script. This is the one we used, http://www.solitude.dk/filethingie/

that looks pretty good, I can php a bit so I should be able to get something going from that - this is the next best thing to perfect, thanks very much.

.oa., yes I do have a script like this! It is older and needs some security work. PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

.oa., yes I do have a script like this! It is older and needs some security work. PM me your email address and I will send it to you.
Hey, I pmed you! hope to hear from you soon, really interested in getting this.

Also, I would rather keep file uploading via a "control panel" rather than give a user a ftp account, this keeps traffic on the domain rather than using another service...

Last edited:
humm, guess that's what he wanted afterall, than give explicit rights to the user.

Creation of users / deletion of users, uploading and downloading files, unzipping files, all these can be done using scripts. But having an interface like a control panel, will allow you to differentiate the access rights between the users. Control panels also give a few additional features like statistics and reports, in case you might need to know who accessed the site and to know the traffic.

I really just wanna make a free, web based service and keep traffic on domains for advertisements etc.

Most can be done in PHP without having to touch ftp services and ----, I just rather have a basic control panel for it...

Hopefully TSO will come back soon and show me what he has :D

.oa .. let's wait to hear what TSO has. Please let me know as well, can be useful at my end

Any updates on that?

maybe scripts that would create accounts under the relevant folders and also with the rights.

Any ideas anyone?

can set up gallery at freewebspace site? can, how to!

Have you already set up the gallery? .. or you want to know how to?

In case you have access to your control panel, then there should be an option in that for setting up the gallery

Would any free hosting have the gallery option?

HAHA! Guess am the only one talking here!
@moderators: please close off this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back