• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Control Panel Design Contest

gyrbo

Allied Squad Trooper
NLC
We are looking for a new skin for our control panel. The control panel is web://cp, you can check out the demo on http://www.thinkhosted.com/about/cp.php or http://webcp.can-host.com/
This is a contest, the award is free webhosting from ThinkHosted for a year.
The winner gets our SH-Three Package, the second place gets the SH-Two and the third one gets the SH-One package.
The is no need to convert the skin to web://cp template format, but feel free to try. This skin will be freely available for all web://cp users.
For more info about what should be in the skin and how to make it, feel free to contact me at admin@thinkhosted.com or gyrbo@pandora.be.
This contest runs until January the first 2003. All submissions should be in by that date. Judging will be done my me and the web://cp community. You will still hold the copyright, but the skin must be licensed under GPL. Winners will be announced before January 7th on the following WHT thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98372

Good luck to all!

Feel free to try and code it, but there is no need for it. The system is quite complex and hard to understand (mostly because there is not much documentation). In order to know what everything does you have to look at the code.

I don't know if i would want hosting from you if i won, your server is slow if not down..

Intrested in money instead?

The server is currenlty slow and unreliable because we are switching IPs. By the time the contest is closed, everything should be resolved and the server should be very fast again.

The template will most likely be distributed with web://cp. I wanted to do something in the spirit of opensource. We have no direct gains with this new skin (expect a nice new interface for our control panel), I already had a hard time explaining that a new skin is needed.

Well, I'm not a core developer of web://cp so I can't promise anything. But I'm sure it will at least get included (I manage an installer so I can set it as the default skin if I want to).
But if the skin is good, I'm pretty sure it would be the default.

No, the prize is hosting. There is currenlty no budget for such a thing. Unless the winner is happy with $15 or something.

Kaliber: I can give you a subdomain if you want?
is0lized: Yes, you can re-design the icons.
Submissions can either be an image or an HTML file.

Here is some more info regarding the design:
There are 3 ways to set up menus
- Either a set of icons on the top, and links to the different panel
- A text menu with links to the different panels
- A menu containing all the items from all the menus categorized by the panel they are in.

The menus are being generated dynamically depending on which modules are loaded.

If you need more info please contact me.

Most of it can be found in the demo's:
Personal CP:
User Information
User Settings
E-Mail Settings
Server Status
Help

Domain CP:
Domain Information
Users Management
User Creation
Domain Settings
Sub Domains & Pointers
Database Management
Server Status
Domain Statistics
Mailing Lists
Help

Reseller CP:
Reseller Information
Sites Management
Domain Creation
Reseller Settings
Server Status
Help

Server CP:
'Resellers Management';
Account Creation
Server Settings
Site Statistics
Control Panel
Server Status
Billing Information
Referrers Information
Package Manager
Help

Central CP
Servers Management
Knowledge Database
Servers Settings
Servers Status
Hardware Information
Server Statistics
web://cp Whois
Help

External Tools:
PHPMyAdmin
PHPPgAdmin
Postaci Webmail
Test My .cgi

These are taken from the demo and the language files. Please note that these menu's are being generated by the script. The "panels" are depending on the level that the user has.
The links in each panel can be configured.

Back