• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Contentzone Lowers Payout...

Woofcat

Contentzone now pays .20cpm and they just sent out an email that they'll be cutting rates by 20% next month... Wish I could get accepted anywhere else... Hmmm...

I make around $300/month off 'em and the server at 4webspace is only $99/month so yes it covers costs but of course now I'm looking for alternatives...

$300? at $.2 CPM that's over 1.5mil impressions... geez. And yourpricetag's only $99... hmm never mind now i see. quite possible...

Anyway, i doubt i should be telling you this (i mean, i'm sure you've done it before) but you should try alternatives.

With 24/7 Media struggling the way they are, a change like this comes as no surprise, but it is disappointing.

The sad fact is, those CPM-based ad networks that are still accepting small sites (AmazingMedia, Everyone.net, FocusIN and Banner-Mania) all offer similar pay rates, once commissions and unsold inventory is taken into consideration.

That's why cost-cutting and guerilla marketinghave become such valued artforms of late.

My advice to you, Woofcat, is to explore the CPA and CPS affiliate programs (Websponsors.com, CJ, DirectLeads, Sponsorships.net, Amazon.com, etc), searchboxes and perhaps popups. Banner ad networks just aren't making the grade, in most cases.

Back