• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Content Management System

cyphertube

Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good content management system that would fit within the following criteria:

Runs on PHP or Perl, using MySQL.
Requires only mods to the PHP or Perl itself (and of course, table creation in MySQL).

I'm hosting on a great system, but I can't go an mess with the config files, or run Java, or any other stuff like that. (Unless I, of course, get my own dedicated server.)

Thanks for the help!

Not looking for weblog progs

Ok, there seems to be a big problem out there with what people THINK a content management system is.

It really is for MANAGING CONTENT. Not for simply posting the umpteenth new item and maintaining it running on the front page.

I love Slashdot, I really do. And some sites, like my personal page, need that kind of setup.

But I'd like a CMS that really lets me USE it as a CMS. Where I can easily define templates for publishing, set keywords for article, link articles dynamically. Define advertising properly, etc.

I know, a lot to ask for from a free prog, but I'd seen them. Unfortunately, they so far all use Java servlets.

RANT - I'm really sick of all the crap that repeats code doing the same stupid thing calling itself a content management system. I know some people program for fun and do it to get props, but hey, how many different programs do we need that do the same thing? I generally give up after 10, and I think that's too high.

Back