• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cons of FocusIn

Weapon

NLC
NLC
What exactly is wrong with focusin? Post it here:

1. From what I heard it deletes site, there must be an explanation
2. The sometimes put the same ad on
3. I can't thing of any more so why do people like supermoo hat it?

Originally posted by Weapon

3. I can't thing of any more so why do people like supermoo hat it?

Hat it? I loathe it! Every time I hear of another webmaster caught up in the scam that I was unable to stop a part of me is weakened. I will not stop until FocusIN changes to be a reasonable legitamite company, or they change their name! ;)

A blast from the past...

Previously on the old forum:
Updated by }:8) Supermoo to use new tags. New notes are notified in italics.

The FocusIN Conspiracy...

Posted by: }:8) Supermoo djcl@djcl.com (XXX.XXX.X.XX)
Date: 21 September 2000, 03:05

What does everyone think of the idea that they (FocusIN) have decided to leave without any notice, because of some major troubles in the organisation?

My website djcl.com was left by FocusIN. I e-mailed them constantly and recieved the following reply, after a week:

"Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the content of your site does not meet the needs of our
advertisers at this time."

Edit: I was recieving more than 30% CTR on two of my banners, an extremley large CTR. Also, my total CTR was 5% a little bit higher than the standard 0.7%

They cancelled my payments and my account.

Why? Maybe it's in their Terms and conditions?

"focusIN reserves the right to terminate the participation of any publisher or site without reason but expressly including any publisher site that focusIN judges to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions."

But it goes on to say:

"focusIN may deactivate publishers with no prior notification, though every effort will be made to notify the deactivated publisher via the e-mail address provided by the publisher. "

I recieved no e-mail (until I e-mailed them), and to my consideration did not break any terms or conditions.

"publishers that are terminated by focusIN on any basis other than violation of these Terms and Conditions will be entitled to receive any payment due from focusIN."

I'd love to know when that payment is coming...

Have a look at the missing banners on the following sites:

Edit: The above sites fixed the faulty banners, and I later found out about many other websites in the same horrible siuation.

Would all these webmasters leave non-paying banners on their sites?

That wouldn't be allowed according to FocusIN:

"Upon termination of a publisher from the focusIN Specialty Web Network, for any reason and by either party, the publisher shall immediately remove all HTML insertion codes from all pages where the publisher had inserted such codes."

Or were they kicked off recently? Have FocusIN gone bust?

These questions I would like answered...

FocusIN replied on this forum to my message about them leaving me. They asked me to contact them about my account... I have recieved no reply... Was it too hard to use my e-mail (djcl@djcl.com) or my web address, used in every post to search through their database?

Or go to my website and see my account user name?

Or guess that it would be 'djcl'?

So FocusIN if you come back I'd like to have a few answers from you...

PS. If anyone else had FocusIN leave recently... please contaact me.

Re: posted by Ron Sigel
Get over it and get on with your life. They're NOT going to pay you. Learn from it and move on. I'm sure you can live without that $1.98 they owe you.

Re: posted by }:8) Supermoo
I just want to warn other people, and they had the nerve to post on this forum. Would you let the coolhost get away with that?

Re: posted by Ron Sigel
You win! Good point! ;)

Final Note:
Hardly a company I'd be trusting for you ad inventonory

Back