• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Compression...

xzx

b&
b&
Where can i find compression tools to compress my javascripts, html, and graphics...

Photoshop doesn't compress worth a squat. I am talking about a program i found called optiview. I made my top banner smaller from 60k down to 10k. And the quality was barely negated. It was really unnoticable unless you put your eyes 2 cm from the screen. I want something like this program, but free. That program costs alot for what it does...

i can tell you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and are a complete newbie. adobe photoshoip is THE BEST photo editing (in your case, photo compression) program that ever existed. the only program that even comes close is jasc paint shop pro, which cannot compress pictures as good as photoshop. the reason you didnt get good results in photoshop is because you dont know what you are doing.

try this (works with demo too): after you created your picture, go to save for web. then choose "GIF 64 Dithered". make sure you also chose selective and diffusion. then press the internet explorer icon on the bottom to open it in ie where you can then press "save picture as" to get the picture. if you still dont like the file size, change some settings to your liking. i suggest not to use jpg unless it is a photo with alot of colors, gif works best with anything you make completely in photoshop.

I do believe that it is the best image editor, but not worth that much. The price is way too high, and i don't know anyone that actually bought a legit version.

Second, Ps sucks at compression....

search on download.com for "image compression" or something like that, I am sure you will get dome results :)

I don't think there is a magical program that will give you good quality and small file sizes. I'm pretty sure PS has all the options available to "compress" web graphics. Maybe just not the best for animated gif's.

PSP doesn't give you many options to compress and I don't like it. The best compression I've found (I don't have PhotoShop) is, believe it or not, online @ Gifworks & myImager where at least you can choose your poison and amount of compression. :cool:

Originally posted by zoobie
PSP doesn't give you many options to compress and I don't like it. The best compression I've found (I don't have PhotoShop) is, believe it or not, online @ Gifworks & myImager where at least you can choose your poison and amount of compression. :cool:

looks cool, i'll test it out and see how it works...

Back