• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

compare FREE web hosting

beely

hey guy, i need some comment from you all!

which is the best FREE web hosting with PHP support from the list below...

>> 4gigs.com : currently sign-up have some problem
>> PHP50.com
>> spaceports.com : unlimited web space
>> tripod.co.uk : banner ads at top of page
>> DK3.com : file size has limit.
>> http://www.xug.net/ : should post their forum board every week ...:angry2:
>> other web hosting in another language (no english included)
comment : for those who didn't know the meaning of the statement. it's hard to read any important point from hosting and if they send you a mail. how could you know about the meaning. should you need your translator agian??? it's seem non-english web hosting really have some cool feature rather than the web hosting with englsih language.

>> netfirms : seem not good to me !
>> and more .... your comment on any FREE web hosting.

i tried to make the whole conclusion that what's the best of the free web hosting that provided a better services although they include banner on your site.

Just a question...where are you from? :confused: I know it sounds off-topic, but I can assure you; it has everything to do with this topic. ;)

re

i'm from malaysia. sorry for poor english grammar mistake. hmm... i try to find out what's the best of the PHP free web hosting from the list s and i knew that i'm getting crazy on choosing hosting for about 3 months. last day, i tried to register for the 4gigs.com account, however i can't receieve their comfirmation mail. sigh .... and then i tried for another hosting. that FTP access look not really good. all of situation make me mad every day when i wish to find for the free hosting with greatest speed and PHP + CGI suport. banner ads --? better using pop-up banner (no looping pop-up banner). any comment on FREE web hosting? how about spaceports?

xug.net is pretty good for me and it is fast as well...

i've read in their forums that posting in their forums is not a requirement anymore...

Re: re

No, it's not your English that bothers me. It's perfectly fine, in fact. It's the fact whether you are an Asian or not. Many hosts don't like that, especially if you are Chinese or Japanese (they block those IPs). It's a policy that I personally hate, but I guess we all have to live with.

I thought xug.net already blocked off all Asian sign-ups?

I definitely would not recommend DK3 because they are unreliable, filled with annoying ads, and very slow. I also believe that DK3 offers very little transfer. Stay far away from them.

PHP50 is a very reliable host. I actually recommend them, though they post bold lies on their main page. If you don't need FTP (you have to use HomeFree browser upload), they are your best bet. :)

4Gigs does have a lot of problems, though they also have shown that they can survive. But all in all, they are only an average host.

Spaceports has had troubles, but since they are backed by a strong paid host, they have the power to survive. And since Lycos UK is backed by a large corporation, they are definitely a very reliable bet. Now, I would say that Spaceports has slightly less annoying ads (if you use a pop-up instead of the frame banner). However, it is also blocked in China and a tiny bit less reliable than tripod.co.uk. So it's up for grabs. :biggrin2:

Good luck! :)

Re: Re: re

Originally posted by conkermaniac

I thought xug.net already blocked off all Asian sign-ups?

cooool,I am Asian I signed up with them and they are still accepting and have no problems at all, also they are well according to speed and space still there is no banner appearing on their pages
BUT and a big BUT
how long would they survive??cannot say!!still they are going well from last two months(when i signed up)
As for as reliability is concerned I heard that spaceports is reliable but i have problems with them Their support is very bad.
Tripod.co.uk is the most reliable server but it has a large looping pop up banner:p :p :p

Originally posted by Ederic
Am also an Asian. Filipino here. If they don't want Asians, fine. To hell with them. :)

Maybe you guys should tell the people why the hosts don't want Asians.

1) Most of the spam/warez comes from people in Asian (on a public scale anyway).

2) They don't get paid for traffic from Asians, i.e. when you visit a host, they don't get paid anything for the banners that pop-up.

If the host does not get paid for the traffic, they don't want the traffic thus don't allow Asian users to signup. The same with other non-English sites.

Case in point, my little service, 75% of all the registered usernames are funky Asian names, have Asian type text (which I can't read so I can't tell what it really is, but it looks Asian). A few uploaded actual web sites, and others just upload crap such as ASP test scripts, 1 MB "file size limit" testing apps etc. I don't block Asians yet, but if this keeps up, I will! One Asian user even uploaded a site based on "ISPs placing download limits Petition" lol. Another warez master!

Originally posted by Ederic
Am also an Asian. Filipino here. If they don't want Asians, fine. To hell with them. :)

nice to meet another philo - don't know anything 'bout my heritage tho - brought up as an australian :p

but i live in australia :D

yea im asian too (chinese) but i was born and raised here so... i dont like any of that asian text crap or anything like that. :D... im about the only asian kid at my school liking rock :eek:... all the others r like ravers and crap

Originally posted by the elf

Maybe you guys should tell the people why the hosts don't want Asians.

1) Most of the spam/warez comes from people in Asian (on a public scale anyway).

2) They don't get paid for traffic from Asians, i.e. when you visit a host, they don't get paid anything for the banners that pop-up.

If the host does not get paid for the traffic, they don't want the traffic thus don't allow Asian users to signup. The same with other non-English sites.

Case in point, my little service, 75% of all the registered usernames are funky Asian names, have Asian type text (which I can't read so I can't tell what it really is, but it looks Asian). A few uploaded actual web sites, and others just upload crap such as ASP test scripts, 1 MB "file size limit" testing apps etc. I don't block Asians yet, but if this keeps up, I will! One Asian user even uploaded a site based on "ISPs placing download limits Petition" lol. Another warez master!

I can see how you feel. In fact, I feel the same way about most Americans as well. They post all this Democratic cr*p and force the government to block all my favorite sites.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

I can see how you feel. In fact, I feel the same way about most Americans as well. They post all this Democratic cr*p and force the government to block all my favorite sites.
You don't believe in freedom of speech Conker?

Originally posted by Miller
You don't believe in freedom of speech Conker?

I do, but I hate the people that create all these radical pages that in turn cause so many hosts to be blocked. Of course, I hate the fact that these pages are blocked, but I also hate the people that are the reason that these hosts are blocked in the first place. Wow...that's a whole lot of anger I just expressed there. ;)

::.. i'm from malaysia too ..::

yeah...some of free web hosting not allowed asian to signup..gosh....well..i'm using www.web1000.com its quite good for me ..but i don think so they offer cgi, or php.. how bout www.coolfreepages.com they offer php. well. for me. i just wan a ad-free free web host..cos mire r graphic site. in malaysia, i don think we have a local free web host company..i never meet a local company ..
i'm from penang, malaysia

Re: ::.. i'm from malaysia too ..::

Originally posted by velton
yeah...some of free web hosting not allowed asian to signup..gosh....well..i'm using www.web1000.com its quite good for me ..but i don think so they offer cgi, or php.. how bout www.coolfreepages.com they offer php. well. for me. i just wan a ad-free free web host..cos mire r graphic site. in malaysia, i don think we have a local free web host company..i never meet a local company ..
i'm from penang, malaysia

Unlucky...you picked two hosts that hate Asians. Both of those hosts will delete you if they see you getting some Asian traffic.

And things are especially bad with Web1000, as after you account is removed, those who continue to visit it will instead recieve "adult" 404 ads.

Back