• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Commission Junction

Mbarb

Is anyone using Commission Junction ?? Are you able to make anything? I have a small site (less than 100,000 page views mo). I will not place pop-ups so I'm looking into other ways to make something to help pay for the site. Any other good ideas???

Thanks!!

CJ pays according to this board, and so do all the Standard Internet Programs...

best of luck! :)

http://www.djcl.com/pe/webmaster/mmoney.htm - Webmaster's make money!

They also pay in many foreign currencies as well, unlike many ad companies. (If you're signed up at CJ, click the "Help" link at the top of the page, then go to the "Payment FAQ" and look for info on International Currencies.)

Experience over the past 6-7 months has shown that text links tend to get the best results when placed right. Second is banners that *aren't* 486x60 (standard size). Most experienced surfers have come to be so "used to" that size banner that they subconsciously avoid looking at them. Putting different (smaller) sized banners on your site instead of the standard size can result in better click-thrus.

I don't recommend using their "SmartZones" unless you are totally unable to use your own banner rotating script. They work okay, except for one problem...

Example: I put an ad for one of the CJ affiliates into a SmartZone along with others and run the SmartZone on my site. I decide later to end affiliation with that program, or they terminate their CJ program. So I naturally remove the ad from the SmartZone.

The ad doesn't seem to completely disappear though. I deleted an ad once from a SmartZone, and two months later I saw the ad on my site, in rotation in that SmartZone! It doesn't show up often, and for some reason it doesn't show in your stats for that day, either. I think it counts it as another ad.

If you're forced to use SmartZones, the only way around this is to create a new SmartZone anytime you end affiliation with a program that you've used in a SmartZone.

Use Commission Junction only in the following ways:
1- As a supplement to a better-paying ad service.

2- Only use it as your primary ad service if your site is unable to get signed up with something that pays better. There's no CPM, and most of the CJ programs only pay well per-lead/sale. CPC rates are rarely any good because the service gets easily abused.

Nope, I'm someone else. ;)

Actually, I have no idea who you're talking about. I just picked the nickname because it's silly. Like me.

Back