• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

commercial Site...

Chroder

Would a web designers site be a commercial site? Or is it only sites like "Walmart" ? I want to use some images from deviantart.com and it says free for non-commercial use, so would my site (web design) or sites for clients I (may ;)) have be considered commercial?

Probably a stupid question, just have to make sure :eek:

What exactly do you want to do? Putting other peoples work on a web-design site would be a no-no. You are supposed to showcase YOUR work, so why would you need to borrow images?

Even if you have a message saying this is not your work, it does not make sense to have it on a webdesign site. It may depend on what it is you are doing. It may be okay, but kind of dumb to use other's work on your site that is supposed to display your work.

Originally posted by Chroder
Would a web designers site be a commercial site? Or is it only sites like "Walmart" ? I want to use some images from deviantart.com and it says free for non-commercial use, so would my site (web design) or sites for clients I (may ;)) have be considered commercial?

Probably a stupid question, just have to make sure :eek:

If you're using those images in your designs and you're trying to make money off of them, then it's commercial.

Oh, and Canuckkev, it's just the stock photo's I wanted, you know, those business men on surfboards :D

Now I'll have to pay for them :(

Oh, just Stock photos. Yes, your site would be commercial. If you are selling a product or service, then it's generally commercial.

You will either have to go take your pictures of businessmen on surfboards, or pay for stock photos.

Anyone know of any places where they sell *cheap* stock photo's with business men on surfboards :D (I don't really need a business man on a surfboard, just and example ;))

I wonder if I email the author and tell him I'll link back to him... I tried it once with an image I found on Google and the guy said yes :)

Back