• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

come2store should get ftp

robpaul44

i signed up to come2store but when i go to upload a file at the size of 1mb my pc just crash al the time i even tryed with a tiny blank .txt file my pc crashed.
u need to get ftp and say only allowed to log in once a day and only allowed to upload at least 20-30mb a day in one log in.
does that sound fair.
the free hosting world is going to crash

Originally posted by robpaul44
i signed up to come2store but when i go to upload a file at the size of 1mb my pc just crash al the time i even tryed with a tiny blank .txt file my pc crashed.
u need to get ftp and say only allowed to log in once a day and only allowed to upload at least 20-30mb a day in one log in.
does that sound fair.
the free hosting world is going to crash

well...you get what you pay for;)

if they proivded ftp for free you'd either have to pay or there would be no come2store. u cant have everything for nothing

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Well, the main problem with providing FTP is that it will attract all the stupid warez buddies. :(

and then they will go down anyway..for hosting illegal content or running out of money. either way it does not work.

dam
that still sucks
but he could put in a little muti upload thingy like topcities has cause i liked that,
that would be good as well.
yeah but u only get 1 login a day and only upload at least 10-20mb
i would find that a fair deal and also maybe cut down the space down to like 100mb instead of unlimted.
and also only allow 1-2 log in per day on the site

Originally posted by robpaul44
dam
that still sucks
but he could put in a little muti upload thingy like topcities has cause i liked that,
that would be good as well.
yeah but u only get 1 login a day and only upload at least 10-20mb
i would find that a fair deal and also maybe cut down the space down to like 100mb instead of unlimted.
and also only allow 1-2 log in per day on the site

i doubt its unlimited..more like more then any non warez user could ever use... maybe wat 2 gigs.. i doubt anyone could really upload more then that unless they backed up their whole hdd

Another reason for them not having FTP access is that they can not show you ads over ftp, thus minimising the potential they have to make money. The setup they have now, you get pop-ups and banners everytime you upload a file, so they make a little money to cover server costs :)

Originally posted by xsnetwork
Another reason for them not having FTP access is that they can not show you ads over ftp, thus minimising the potential they have to make money. The setup they have now, you get pop-ups and banners everytime you upload a file, so they make a little money to cover server costs :)

du u think they make any real profit?

Back