• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.com or .info

aakashshah123

hi,
i ma looking to buy 2 domains for my seperate business.
i am wondering which extenstion to buy??
.com or .info
.info is available for $1.99
And
.com for $8 to $9
Please Advice.
and does it effect in SE rankings ???

Definitely go for .com

.com is more recognised, it's way more memorable, it looks better (in my opinion, but I'd bet that's a fairly common opinion).

I would recommend always choosing .com/.net/.org for any website, particularly a business.

anhedonia said:
Definitely go for .com

.com is more recognised, it's way more memorable, it looks better (in my opinion, but I'd bet that's a fairly common opinion).

I would recommend always choosing .com/.net/.org for any website, particularly a business.

Same. This is good advice, use it wisely :p

I'd say both.
.com for the reasons above, and .info for brand protection- especially as it is so cheap at $1.99

Definitely go for .com even though .info is cheaper. The TLD doesn't have any effect on the site's rankings, but for branding purposes and for a business site I would suggest you to go for .com.

Personally, .com wins every single time - it just creates a better impression in my opinion. I think I'd only ever use a .info for an information site.

I'd say it depends on the site. Do you want people to remember your domain name and tell their friends and visit from time to time? Go with the .com. Are you just hoping to grab some traffic from search results or wherever and make a little money? .info might be fine.

The problem with .info is that it's so cheap (and they were free for so long) that there are a ton of cheesy spammy scraper .info sites out there, so it makes the whole TLD look cheesy. If that impression isn't important, though, then it'll work just fine as far as search engine rankings and all that.

I think if your desired name is available with .com, theres no need to look elsewhere. Unless your site is an information site, go for .com.

martin ewing said:
I think if your desired name is available with .com, theres no need to look elsewhere. Unless your site is an information site, go for .com.

Exactly. .Com for Commercial and .Info for informational (I guess :p).

If you are serious abut your business don't even hesitate to spend the extra bucks and get the .com (and the .info so that nobody cybersquatters you).

Thanks For YOur Suggestions. I have brought 3 .com Domains From Domainsite
I think it is great Domain provider and plus it is cheap...

does anyone remember what those stand for?

.com = Commercial
.net = Network
.org = Organization
.info = Information

go by that, bet to go by what your site is...

Back