• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

COM.KG Domains Are On!

Okay...is there something I'm missing? What do you need hundreds of these .com.kg domains? Where can the DNS be hosted for free though? centralinfo.net is no longer accpeting new users "due to abuse".

I tried getting a PID using the email template, I got an email back saying that the email service is discontinued. So I visited domain.kg, and checked it out. It doesn't say anything about it been free though. It might just be talking about .kg's. Here is a quote from the site:
Cost of services for primary registration of one second-level .KG domain amounts to US$100.00 (without VAT).

It's that "second level" that confuses me. Wouldn't a .com.kg be "second-level"?

[Edited by Canuckkev on 02-10-2001 at 01:39 AM]

I didn't get any more. I have all that I could ever need. Currently, I only have one up which is http://www.pixel.com.kg at FreeServers so I can get mail aliases to signup for things that need ISP or paid email addresses *cough*hypermart, virtualave*cough* ;).

Originally posted by Canuckkev

It's that "second level" that confuses me. Wouldn't a .com.kg be "second-level"?

No... .com.kg is "third-level"... If you read down the page that lists the pricing information, it says that third-level domain registration "is made free".

Originally posted by Mandrake
No... .com.kg is "third-level"... If you read down the page that lists the pricing information, it says that third-level domain registration "is made free".

Who cares, they're FREE :D!

i'm already register about 30 .com.kg and point to mydomain ns. just one .com.kg function at mydomain. i'm try to add others 29 but they refuse to add.. this is their msg

---------------------------------------------------
Problem with Your Input
to mydomain.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a problem processing your entry:
The domain name you typed doesn't look right to us. Examples of valid domain names are

mydomain.com
everyone.net
Please do not include 'http://' or 'www.' at the start of the domain name you are entering
Please back up using your browser, correct it, and resubmit your entry.
Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

support@mydomain.com

----------------------------------------------------------

that means only .com and .net only valid at mydomain now.

This just rules!

This is really cool. Today and yesterday I registered about 130 domains all together. I also found an alternative DNS service since all the main ones have silly restrictions on them now.
While registering, I found myself exclaiming, "Damn you, woofcat" all too often... you've chosen some cool ones, BUT you missed some obvious ones... let the race bein... hehehe :)
But thanks for telling us about Krzystan or whatever it's called... if it hadn't been for you, not even we advanced 'round here would know about it.

Re: This just rules!

Originally posted by xman241
While registering, I found myself exclaiming, "Damn you, woofcat" all too often... you've chosen some cool ones, BUT

Since I have about 300, did you ever run into a "Damn you, Nick!" ;).

Originally posted by xman241
you missed some obvious ones... let the race bein...

Sorry, I already finished that race :p.

the race / alt. DNS

Well, I'm still registering like 40 domains / day. It seems that whatever I think of is still available. I envy that person who got 1.com.kg some time ago... As long as I can find names to reister, the race is still on for me. I mean, as long as names like cnn.com.kg are around, how can it be finished?
And yes, Nick, I have run into your name a few times as well.
The alternative DNS service I use as an alternative to mydomain.com, which BTW is back in working order (I've got about 115 .com.kg's with them now), is hn.org. I son't know yet how good they are, but they're not as big as mydomain.com. I can't decide if that's good or bad, hmm..

Thanks for the address. Seems that the there is a problem with the registration service though. When I try to register/modify a domain, all that happens is a page that says "oops" comes up. Do you guys use the site to register, or email them?

you guys are waisting your time with this .com.kg stuff... i know for a fact that they are not worth anything and i also know for a fact that you won't use all of the ones you are registering... you are just stopping people who would use them from getting them...

Originally posted by Omari
you guys are waisting your time with this .com.kg stuff... i know for a fact that they are not worth anything and i also know for a fact that you won't use all of the ones you are registering... you are just stopping people who would use them from getting them...

...so :confused:

I now plan on using at least one of them. Maybe two....a third just for a cool email address(i checked, but Fuc|<.com.kg has been registered). I do agree that there is no point in getting ones like yahoo.com.kg, or msn.com.kg . If anything, Yahoo could sue you because the url contains Yahoo.com, which is a probably a registered trademark or something. And a .com.kg isn't that bad a url. Better than a cjb.net, or tsx.org, or da.ru, or come.to/ ....

And the registration service seems to not be working again.

Ok, I know that this question will make you guys laugh, but anyway... Where can I get one of these com.kg domains for free??? Thx in advance!

Back