• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.Com Domain

Dark Matter

Hey!! :)

I have never bought a .com domain before only .co.uk i just want to know someone could give me details on average prices, recommended registrars, and about renewal. I understand with .co.uk you have for two years then then recieve a letter asking you to renew its something like £5 for the two years and then £90!! to renew, i thought that was a bit extreme at the time, is this same with .com?

Thanks!

.com's renewal is the same price as what you register it for or around that. You only have to register it for 1 year at the minimum.

They are usually always cheaper than .co.uks and always have promos and coupons. I can get a .com domain for around $8 (dont know Euros) with a coupon but the average price of a .com is just under $10 from what I've seen.

My main registrars are MyDomain.com and DynaDot.com. But I'd say the most popular as you've probably heard is GoDaddy.com. Other good ones are Moniker.com and Name.com

Never use 1and1 to register or host anything. Just a tip. ;0

Get a .com at Name.com for, i think 8.99usd, its not too bad, been using name.com for close to two years.

Different domain name registrars will be able to offer you discounted price for the service in different period of time

Any well-established domain registrars like godaddy, moniker, enom are fine for buying domains; and they always come up with some kind of promotions and discounts. You just have to look around where you can get the best deals.

Any well-established domain registrars like godaddy, moniker, enom are fine for buying domains; and they always come up with some kind of promotions and discounts. You just have to look around where you can get the best deals.

Not a problem if you ask them directly about that

Back