• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

columbian crop spraying UPDATE

lucifer

NLC
NLC
my old thread seems to have been deleted but just to say that the court ruling went through and now no more crop spraying (to kill the coca bushes) will happen over indian lans in columbia. Unfortunately they are still spraying other areas. This is a good start.

The US drug war is another example of it's disregard for the health of others and the environment. It is good to see poor countries being able to stand up to this oppression.

As I have always said there are better ways to combat drug use than attacking small farmers

The indians in Colombia are just about sick and tired of the civil war, they even said they would track down hostages held by guerrillas. It looks as if this war may be nearing an end, and a victory for the democratically elected Pastrana. Colombia is not poor, as it has a very developed manufacturing base that has been undermined by the rebels.

this thread is about the messed up war on drugs

if you want to discuss other topics get your own thread :p

No, what I said is correlated. The guerrillas are completely dependent on drug money, and the Colombian Army is participating in the drug war with the US's help.

And I don't think the war on drugs is messed up. :mad:

And I don't think the war on drugs is messed up.
Well... then how do you explain it's inablity to decrease drug production, distrobution, and use while still costing tax payers billions of dollars every year?

Originally posted by bigperm
Well... then how do you explain it's inablity to decrease drug production, distrobution, and use while still costing tax payers billions of dollars every year?

We need to put more money in it, because we have the edge, we make the weapons, we got more money, and the support of the american people. You are an exception.

MORE money? The question Americans need to ask themselves, is "is it worth it?" and then find out that the answer is 'no'.

MORE money? The question Americans need to ask themselves, is "is it worth it?" and then find out that the answer is 'no'.

IT IS WORTH IT though, something you don't understand. What we need is too send out more men with assault rifles to interdict drugs. That is what we are lacking. Most of the money is dedicated to Colombia as 88% of the drugs come from there according to recent State Department reports.

There are better things to spend our money on.

For what? Spending it on legalizing drugs? If the US ever does that I will become a major political figure. Luckily other countries Italy or Spain are not legalizing it, and are keeping their traditional stances. If they Civilians would threaten drug dealers themselves because of the conserative society. Did you know 70-80% of drugs are interdicted when entering Argentina? The Border Patrol is equipped with Armored Cars, SAWs, and other Army Equipment... we should militarize our border patrol but nonetheless open up free trade, can that be done? Yes.

I can think of 10 things right now that would be better off with the money we blow on the drug war:

1. Education
2. Social Sercurity
3. Smart Start
4. Roads and highways
5. Soup kitchens/homeless shetlers
6. Drug rehabilitation clinics
7. A new voting system in Florida
8. Student grants
9. Recreation Centers
10. Abortion Clinics

1. Education - there is plenty of money there, as promised by the successful Bush campagin.
2. Social Security - It is a congressial candyjar, it needs to be fixed before we throw money in there.
3. Smart Start - ??
4. Roads and Highways - Are you kidding roads and highways are perfectly fine in the U.S, and are excellent.
5. Soup kitchens/homeless shetlers - That is what charity is for.
6. Drug rehabilitation clinics - Same as 5.
7. A new voting system in Florida - If it was instated Bush would of won anyways.
8. Student grants - Donations from the rich, already enough money there
9. Recreation Centers - Already enough money there aswell.
10. Abortion Clinics - NO, I don't want my tax dollars going into a place that is responsible for genocide. Sorry, I am pro-life.

There are already enough money in all of those. Our country is not broke.

Well since you live in America, and go the public education... you know that there is plenty of money there right? wrong.

You should see how many:

1. potholes
2. daily accidents
3. cracks in the road

there are in New York City :p

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
You should see how many:

1. potholes
2. daily accidents
3. cracks in the road

there are in New York City :p
Have you ever tried to count the potholes? I always lose count :D I want to see a loose cow on the run! *MOO*

You ever been to Ecuador? There are no highways. The roads are made out of 10% asphault, and 90% rock... pot holes are every five inches. I lived there for two years, and you get an arm workout when steering past the potholes.

Back