• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Colocation - Who's the best?

petertdavis

I was just wondering who's offering the best deals for colocation. I'm going to have a half-dozen new servers that need to be sent somewhere and am looking for suggestions.

I wouldn't want to pay more than $50 per u. I know there are a lot of places that would be significantly cheaper, but I want to find a reliable place, and good bandwidth. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm on my way to check them out.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
I've used them as well, but not for as long.

Hmm, just wondering if there's a meaning behind that. Are you suggesting that you left them quickly because you were unhappy with the service?

Originally posted by petertdavis

Hmm, just wondering if there's a meaning behind that. Are you suggesting that you left them quickly because you were unhappy with the service?

I was satisfied with the service, but would probably choose elsewhere if i were to host again. (I prefer more personal support and service)

Originally posted by Haze
how much are you willing to shell out per Mbps?

Depends on the quality, if it's burstable, and so on. I've seen a wide varity of quotes on bandwidth, so it's a bit confusing for me.

I've only recently started buying servers. Until now, I've just used dedicated servers. My hosting company is at the point now, though, where it makes more sense to own our own servers. So, I know a lot about the dedicated server providers, but am just beginning to know about colo providers.

I'm looking seriously at he.net, though. I'm really looking for someone with a solid name, not someone that's going to go belly up in a few months and have my servers impounded during the bankruptcy hearing. :eek:

Hello,

12 Servers of what type?
How many U do you require?
How much bandwidth do you require?
What location for data-center?
Which bandwidth providers prefered?
How many IPS?
Remote Reboot ports needed?
Network uptime SLA ?
Budget per month ?

Back