• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

college classes

Johnson

i love c&y
NLC
what college classes did you take the past year? college, not high school. also, what majors are you all going for?

i'm going for business management

just finished my freshman year, here's what i took

english 102
intro to politics
history 162
math 110
astronomy 101 WE lab
psychology 101
business 101
critical thinking phil ###

Business 120: Marketing
COMP 155: Java
CIS 341: Security
COMP 125: Intro to computers (Had to take it for my diploma)
CIS 271: Software design
CIS 285: End User support training
CIS 261: Intro to flash game programming
CMNS 125: Communications

I'm going for a diploma then degree in Computer Science

I'm a biology major as of the last few weeks of the Spring semester, so I really haven't done much with biology yet. I guess you mean last academic year so:

Fall 2008 (low credit hours :wink2:)
University Physics I + Lab
Calculus I
Introduction to Philosophy
Western Civilization II

Spring 2009 (low credit hours again :wink2:)
Elementary Spanish II
Film Lecture
World Literature
Calculus II

Basically, I burned through all my general studies (except for 1 fine art and an intermediate level language course) and had to pick a major. So next semester is gonna be fun:

Fall 2009
Organic Chemistry I for majors + Lab (I've already taken University Chemistry I and II)
University Physics II + Lab
General Genetics + Lab
Statistical Methods + Lab

I'm still not completely set on biology; been trying to decide between that and chemistry, but I'll be doing one or the other next semester

Been thinking about joining up with ROTC, because then I could afford to do summer semesters. Might pick up an Arabic class my senior year if I do. (I'm still just barely a sophomore (58 hours in).

I dropped out of college a couple weeks into this semester so how about I tell you what I'm going to take this fall is that ok? I don't really care I'm going to tell you anyway.

English 111
Psychology 101
Sociology 111
Communications 102

I'm going for an AS in Mental Health. Yay prereqs.

This past fall when I was going for a bachelors in English Education I took:

Old Testament
Psychology 101 (yes I'm taking this again I don't have the $800 my last school wants so I can transfer this credit, it costs less to just take it again)
Earth Science
Theater Appreciation

I was taking an Intro to Programming class but it was Visual Basic and they were teaching us about right-click menus so I dropped it.

Last edited:
Fall 2007:
Future of Humankind (1hr)
Philosophy/English ('Narratives of the Self') (4hr)
Intro to Economics (4hr)
Intro to Japanese (4hr)
Calculus (4hr)

That's when I was going for Economics. Then I decided I didn't want to go for Economics and took a medley of stupid classes for two semesters and then took this semester off. I'm about to start again under Computer Science in a few weeks.

Before I dropped out years ago I remember taking some english, french, math, time management, and intro to computers. Don't remember the fancy numbers.

My last semester of college (which was 2 yrs ago heh) looked like

Computer Controlled Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
Work Design
Process Control
Flexible Manufacturing Systems
Research Project

It's safe to say I regret the decision of ever getting into the manufacturing industry. I started out going for a Mechanical Engineering degree but got burnt out after a year of math and science 24/7. I then turned to the drink, became a bartender and part time commissioned salesman. I later moved south to the California of Canada and took the slackers version of my original education path, worked half as hard as before and had like a million times more fun and managed to come out of it alive, without diseases and with a diploma.

in retrospect I wish i took a year off after highschool to assess my interests and experience the real world a bit. Unfortunately the world you experience in college is not the real world that exists everywhere else.

I think international business is a field i should have considered. That or lava lamp repair. Machines and robots are pretty ------ but they sure get boring after awhile.

Last edited:
Haha oh wow, I've been at uni for 2.5 years. What a waste of time D:

The past year I've taken...

Algorithmic Problem Solving (programming in C and haskell)
Engineering Analysis A (2nd year math)
Japanese 4B
Reading Japanese Literature (god I regret this one)

Algorithms and Data Structures (more C)
Software Engineering: Tools and Principles (C but with a focus on 'real world' development practices)
Digital Systems 2: System Design (PLDs, FPGAs, VHDL, CPUs, KFCs, IHOPS, etc)
Variations in Japanese Language

I forgot why I chose to pursue a combined bachelors ;3;

Bachelor of Engineering (Software) and Bachelor of Arts (Japanese major)... 2.5 more years! Was originally electrical major for engineering, then I realised I sucked at it.

I don't really feel like looking up the exact course numbers so...

400/500 Level
Physics of the Ocean
Physics of Waves & Tides
Applied Statistical Regression Analysis

300 Level
Earth Systems Analysis
Computational Methods for Mathematics & Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Design
Dynamics of Fluids

100 Level
Introduction to Literature

i just finished my degree in biomedical engineering w/ a concentration in neural engineering. i took these classes last year:

semester 1:
biochem
physiology lab
design concepts in bme
mathmatical methods for biomedical engineers
statistical tools for biomedical engineers
army military conditioning (haha)

semester 2:
microbio + lab
biostats
neuroimaging
senior seminar
army class again just 4 fun

I just registered for the summer semester...

*US History I (WHY do I have to take this? I have no idea, but my degree requires a history course and this one's a prereq for every other history course. Something tells me it's going to be the stereotypical Oh-the-poor-pilgrims story. ---- the pilgrims)
*College Algebra (WHY do I have to take this? I already took and passed calculus last year but they ----ing insisted I had to take it in order to take higher maths ... OH WAIT I ALREADY TOOK A HIGHER MATH ... at least it will be easy)
*English Composition II (I don't mind it ... easy)
*Public Speaking (WHY DO I HAVE TO TAKE THIS GOD DAMN CLASS? I ALREADY TOOK HUMAN COMMUNICATION, BUT THEY ----ING INSIST I STILL NEED TO TAKE PUBLIC SPEAKING. ---- YOU! ---- YOU!)

So yeah, my summer semester will be easy as ----.

what college classes did you take the past year? college, not high school. also, what majors are you all going for?

i'm going for business management

just finished my freshman year, here's what i took

english 102
intro to politics
history 162
math 110
astronomy 101 WE lab
psychology 101
business 101
critical thinking phil ###

You do realize you won't get a good job with that as your major, right? I would suggest something else, or getting a minor so you can at least get a decent job. As it stands, if you graduate from college, with Business Management as your major and that's it, I wouldn't hire you. And I know a lot of other people who wouldn't hire you because its kinda pointless. It'd be good for starting your own company, but that's about it. And even then, you would need probably Finance and Accounting.

Hope this helps you think about your future college years.

I've got a friend who was a business management major with a computer science minor. He applied for a few jobs after graduation and got 3 or 4 job offers, but decided to stay unemployed and play World of Warcraft instead. He's been doing that for over a year now.

Back