• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cold Fusion

Mrh0ax

Whaqt is cold fusion???

i got an edited that included Cold Fusion in it, what does it do???

what do i hav eto do to put it on my pag, what file ext do i need???

all info would be nice!!

Cold Fusion is a type of common gateway interface (CGI). It basically allows pages to become more dynamic. Cold Fusion allows for your webpages to be built and controlled on the fly via one cold fusion page. In order to use Cold Fusion, you first need to either have paid hosting which allows Cold Fusion or your own server with Cold Fusion installed. Cold Fusion now comes in both UNIX and NT formats. You also need a DB program. For NT, you should use Access 2000 or SQL Server. For UNIX, you should use mySQL.

Like JL said, ColdFusion or CFML is a server-side scripting language. Much like ASP and JSP its syntax involves html-like tags which are parsed & processed on the server.

Infact, free CFML hosting is available at http://www.cfm-resources.com. The service is great and the webmaster Pablo is really helpful.

BTW, ColdFusion files usually have a .cfm or .cfml extension.

[Edited by ashben on 01-01-2001 at 01:51 AM]

Back