• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CMS hosting with no inactivity limit? (For personal site)

ET3D

I currently have a static site hosted at atspace.com, but I started playing with CMS's lately, and I like the idea of having a more dynamic site (I have a rarely updated blog that I'm thinking of moving to my own site), allowing people to comment, etc. Currently Drupal is my favourite, but I'm not yet sure what I'll use.

Thing is, I'm sure (based on past experience) there are going to be long periods (possibly many months) when I won't update the site. It's also likely that not many people will visit it. Which is why I'm looking for hosting that won't delete my site after a month or two of inactivity, which most free hosts I've looked at will do. (atspace has been great in this regard, but they offer no features to support a CMS.)

I really have few other requirements. I expect the site to have low space and bandwidth requirements. I'm willing to have linkback / host ads (though would like an option for my own, too, because I want to experience this), but only if they're very low key or allow me to place them where I want. I'd prefer to be able to upload the CMS as a zipped archive using a web based file manager that will unpack it, but if I have to unpack and use FTP I'll live with that. (Of course, if the host has a script for an up to date version of the CMS then that's great, but from two free hosts I tried that wasn't the case.) I'm even willing to live with a subdomain if I must, and use redirection (though I prefer not to).

I'd prefer a hosting company with some track record, since I want the site to stay around for a while, and that'd give me some assurance that it will.

Thanks!

Hi, you can give Qupis.com a shot. They are online since 2004. Put in a nicely filled application and I am sure it will be accepted. Once in, you get access to untapped cpanel. The only catch is a bottom link on all your pages. However, if you are going to be inactive, then this is the best way to setup your site.

If in future, you want to post to host, then you can do that as well. Or you can directly pay by credit card.. I am sure, this is the best choice for you.

I am now an premium host, but i will like to offer you

Disk: 1GB
Bandwith:10GB

Please contact me if you want this
support@colorhost.net
Or Even call are support line! (Just Opened!)
(559) 744-3460 (No, this isnt An an one person phone number it gets reirected to all Staffs Phones.)

Thanks
ColorHost

Thanks, guys. Between posting and getting the answers I discovered NamePad, and registered there. I'll see how it works out.

IMR-Mike, the post on your forum about plans has links to "http://clients.planet-tech.info/order/", which looks like a dead link (getting a DNS error from Chrome).

Back