• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Closing Hotmail but keeping MSN

A.J. Angel

Does anyone knows how to do that?

I'm getting plenty of spams and all that stuff on Hotmail whilst I only use Yahoo! Mail for contacts by email.

The only thing I use with my Hotmail address for is MSN Messenger.

So is there anyway to close the email service and not the instant messaging service?

You can try to block the domain in Options > Safe and blocked senders > Blocked senders
Block common use domain like yahoo.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com.

You can try to block the domain in Options > Safe and blocked senders > Blocked senders
Block common use domain like yahoo.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com.

Yes, indeed. But actually, I would like to close the email service for good since I don't use it at all.

You could email microsoft, but they're not likely to care and will leave the account open. Just ignore it and move on. Additionally, using a passport, you can use your yahoo mail account for MSN Messenger.

You could email microsoft, but they're not likely to care and will leave the account open. Just ignore it and move on. Additionally, using a passport, you can use your yahoo mail account for MSN Messenger.

Well, the thing is I haven't logged in for more than three months and it's still active while it should be inactive. I wish to close it so that if any friend sends a message there, it will be returned. In that case, they'd hit me up instead of sending a message to a mailbox I don't check and later argue why I don't answer them.

P.S. I have my Yahoo! Mail in use for Yahoo! Messenger already.

Do what I did
Only allow emails from people on your contact list. Eveything tlse goes to spam.

Back