• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ClientExec Question

jiehao85

ORiN
NLC
I am considering getting a license for ClientExec as I am expanding to offer more services. I am not sure if ClientExec can do account creation on multiple servers. According to my provider, I can only automate account creation on the server I am on. Is that true?

How does ClientExec fare against WHMCS? I personally dislike the fact that the client's usernames and passwords are visible to me and any future staff that I may be hiring.

Well with the username and password thing dont you kind of need that so that they can do there job? If you are really worried about that then get kayako and integrate it with whmcs/clientexec ;)

As far as the creation on mutiple servers. I have mine creating packages on 3 different servers right now. Im not sure what they are talking about.

I am considering getting a license for ClientExec as I am expanding to offer more services. I am not sure if ClientExec can do account creation on multiple servers. According to my provider, I can only automate account creation on the server I am on. Is that true?

How does ClientExec fare against WHMCS? I personally dislike the fact that the client's usernames and passwords are visible to me and any future staff that I may be hiring.

Clientexec is having a complete pretty big overhall (3.2) and I would personally wait a little bit.

I'd say CE is easier to use in the long run. I've heard WHMCS has a limit to the accounts it can hold in it's database. I'm not sure if they've worked that problem out or not.

I always liked the Clientexec system. I started in the industry using that as my first system and it did me well.

I dont care for WHMCS for security and functionality. So for my CE wins. Its simply a personal choice.

I always liked the Clientexec system. I started in the industry using that as my first system and it did me well.

I dont care for WHMCS for security and functionality. So for my CE wins. Its simply a personal choice.
I like the way ClientExec worked compared to WHMCS. WHMCS left me somewhat overwhelmed.

Well with the username and password thing dont you kind of need that so that they can do there job? If you are really worried about that then get kayako and integrate it with whmcs/clientexec ;)

As far as the creation on mutiple servers. I have mine creating packages on 3 different servers right now. Im not sure what they are talking about.

Totally agreed with the part about the username and password.

If the staff has it they will be able to do their work fast. Unless the guy that works for you isn't trustable but most of companies now hire serious guys....

[GS]George;1047885 said:
Totally agreed with the part about the username and password.

If the staff has it they will be able to do their work fast. Unless the guy that works for you isn't trustable but most of companies now hire serious guys....
So I am at the mercy of my staff and have to keep them happy? I mean shouldn't WHMCS store the password for the client's account but not reveal the password in plain sight? To me, it is a security risk as disgruntled staff can actually copy the passwords and wreck havoc on my clients.

I believe that you are allowed to do what ever you want for the security issues of your customers. That is the way to go and I agree with you. But at the same time you need to have your customer satisfied and protected. Any decision is yours here.

as I said. If you really want to keep client details/passwords out of support reps hands then your best option would be to use a 3rd party support system. I know of a few people who use kayako with both whmcs and ce with no problem. Maybe you should look into that :)

as I said. If you really want to keep client details/passwords out of support reps hands then your best option would be to use a 3rd party support system. I know of a few people who use kayako with both whmcs and ce with no problem. Maybe you should look into that :)

Agreed. Although, there is a modification available in the user contribution section of the WHMCS forum which hides the userid/password.

My personal opinion of ClientExec was it functioned... Although, it was slow - the financial management portions (billing, etc) wasn't functional enough for our needs. It's great for some things... but if you have a few thousand customers then I'd recommend something with more options.

Currently several of our companies have different backends since we usually don't migrate the billing system when we purchase a new company. We've seen most of them all...but my favorites would be:
Ubersmith
Blesta
Parallels Plesk Billing
WHMCS
MachPanel (Windows)

One reason or another we disliked:
ClientExec
ModernBill
iHost
LPanel
AccountLabPlus

Think...that's all I've used. Maybe... heh

The ones that were using something in our dislike list, we usually migrated them to Ubersmith. Which is my personal favorite.

After taking all the advice and some consideration, I decided to go with ClientExec since it is cheaper for me to get it than WHMCS. I also prefer the interface to WHMCS. However, I am having problems adding a second server.

If you have troubles, either A. Request support from their site, or B. Try and diagnose the problem and report anything strange to us and we'll try and help.

If you are having problems with WHMCS or CE being setup with your server let me know, I can get that working for you if you need. Or contact the support department of that center.

The situation now is pretty much the same with only small progresses when I got the time to work on ClientExec. I am puzzled by the automation of services. Do I need CronTab or I can just manually add in those automation services?

The situation now is pretty much the same with only small progresses when I got the time to work on ClientExec. I am puzzled by the automation of services. Do I need CronTab or I can just manually add in those automation services?

I believe you do need crontab to use the automation :)

Back