• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Clawz.com - How to make it better?

Originally posted by Clawz.com
Moonman: If I remove the filesize on paid account, they might abuse it also. Upgrade mp3s; use the space as storage, etc.
Well sorry if i got it wrong, but i though the reason to pay was so you could use the space for whatever the hell you want (except for illegal stuff), i also know that a hell of a lot of ligit files are over 5MB, but a paid host with a file size limit, heh enjoy your 1 customer.

CareBear: Yea, I guess it makes it limited, I'm just saying don't go wild and use 1G/day or something. And yea, your right. I'll have to rethink the bandwidth for paid accounts.
You could always explain it somewhere, something like: "we understand that all our client have different needs and will require varying monthly transfers. As such we don't like to give you a specific limit. However each account found to be using more then x Gb/month will be monitored closely by our staff and if we find that it's effecting our other customers' sites we will contact you to discuss your options"
That would let people know that they're safe to use x Gb/month and if they need more they can go over it by a limited amount without any problems but also gives you something to stand on when you find out someone is indeed coming close to abuse.

( - P z Y - ): Sorry, I forgot free accounts only get 2.5M DB size, it's changed to 5M. I always though I put it at 5M...

FileSize for paid accounts will be raised to 2M.
FileSize for free accounts will be raised to 500KB.

( - P z Y - ): Sorry, I forgot free accounts only get 2.5M DB size, it's changed to 5M. I always though I put it at 5M...

FileSize for paid accounts will be raised to 2M.
FileSize for free accounts will be raised to 500KB.

5M = 5 megabytes databases?

Is that what you mean?

KBC: Yea, 5 megabytes.

CareBear: You wouldn't mind me using that would you? "we understand that all our client have different needs and will require varying monthly transfers. As such we don't like to give you a specific limit. However each account found to be using more then x Gb/month will be monitored closely by our staff and if we find that it's effecting our other customers' sites we will contact you to discuss your options"

CareBear: You wouldn't mind me using that would you
I don't mind, just don't forget to change "x Gb" to an actual number :)

and you might want to correct my bad spelling as well :D
we understand that all our clients have different needs
&
if we find that it's affecting

Last edited:
Originally posted by dsgdevil
Why would i care if paid users use the space for storage?They're PAYING u for the space.

What if Clawz is "overselling" the webspace (ie, allocating more space per user than is physically possible under the assumption that most sites won't come close to using the full 100 mb storage)? Then he would have reason to care (or jack up his hosting prices, which is not a smart move considering there's thousands of other pay hosts on the WWW).

Yup, there probably wouldn't be a need... but as long as it's clearly stated in the ToS about warez and whatever it is... if they begin to host warez then simply delete their account - that way file size limit won't be a problem.

If I get rid of the filesize limit, then I would need to put in a bandwidth limit.
What a good idea, if I was paying for hosting (which I am) I would like to know what my limit was, I don't want these terms that say if you use too much bandwidth your account will be terminated. People like to know where they stand if they pay for hosting and the majority won't be tempted by *unlimited* because unlimited always has limitations of some kind.

he-he

No answer to the dormancy thing?

Even though FREE I think people deserve respect with little things like;;;;

We have shut down..your website is gone...(well...normally there is no message of any kind)

You have to edit your site every 5 days..or 15..or 30..or 60..or its zapped with no notification....

:confused:

Back