• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Clawz.com - How to make it better?

Clawz.com

http://www.clawz.com/

Free Web Hosting Features:
- 25M Disk Space (Shared with all your Subdomains & Domains)
- 1G/Month Bandwidth
- FTP Access
- 250KB File Size Limit
- htaccess Support
- mod_rewrite Support
- mod_python Support
- CGI Support
- SSI Support
- PHP Support
- mySQL Support
- 2.5M mySQL Databases
- Banner on every page (Popup/Automatically Placed/User Placed)
- PHP gZip Compression will be disabled due to the Advertisment Software.
- Unlimited Email Forwarding
- Web/FTP Ex: (your-pick).clawz.com

Note:
- If you have your own Domain, you can host as many subdomains under your Domain.
- Only upgrade option for Free Accounts is Increase Allowed Credit & go to Paid Account.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paid Web Hosting Features:
- 100M Disk Space (Shared with all your Subdomains & Domains)
- FTP Access
- 1M File Size Limit*
- htaccess Support
- mod_rewrite Support
- mod_python Support
- CGI Support
- SSI Support
- PHP Support
- mySQL Support
- 10M mySQL Databases*
- Extra mySQL Databases*
- Unlimited Email Forwarding
- Web/FTP Ex: (your-pick).clawz.com

Upgrades:
- To Increase Disk Space by 100M, you will have to pay $6 for every 6 Months. Will affect all Subdomains under your account.
- To Increase File Size Limit by 1M, you will have to pay $6 for every 6 Months. Will affect all Subdomains under your account.
- To Increase mySQL Database Size by 10M, you will have to pay $6 for every 6 Months.

Note:
- If you have your own Domain, you can host as many subdomains under your Domain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Account Info.:
- They come with a email account. <username>@clawz.com
- The same login can be used to login onto the forums.
- This account is used to control all your subdomains/domains/ip routes and your account information.

What other features would you like Clawz.com to offer?
What should be changed on Clawz.com?

http://www.clawz.com/

There's nothing else you can improve... I think it's a good enough offer.

Not too much, not too little... :biggrin2:

Before you know it, there will be some greedy people saying you should add an extra "100MB" to each free account and an extra "5GB" of data transfer...

It's a good offer... :p

Looks a good deal!

What do the asterisks in the paid package mean?

- 100M Disk Space (Shared with all your Subdomains & Domains)
- 1M File Size Limit*
- 10M mySQL Databases*
- Extra mySQL Databases*

Originally posted by Clawz.com
Unlimited Bandwidth, but monitored.
doesn't that make it limited? :confused:
In my opinion you're better off stating a number. There are people who will avoid picking a host that offers 'unlimited' and people who specifically look for unlimited are going to be people who will abuse you since they're unwilling to pay for what they'll use.

*soft voice* bandwidth relates to the speed and transfer relates to how much btw. unless a host uses a gigabit backbone connection to the internet they shouldn't state 'x gb bandwidth' :)

Originally posted by John Shaft
Looks a good deal!

What do the asterisks in the paid package mean?
they come from: http://www.clawz.com/?view=services

* = This is optional:
To Increase Disk Space by 100M, you will have to pay $6 for every 6 Months. Will affect all Subdomains under your account.
To Increase File Size Limit by 1M, you will have to pay $6 for every 6 Months. Will affect all Subdomains under your account.
To Increase mySQL Database Size by 10M, you will have to pay $6 for every 6 Months.

i applied several times but i got no reply.one thing u can do is to e-mail back even if their account has been rejected.If u say u accept all accounts,then u should make it auto activation.

Originally posted by CareBear
doesn't that make it limited? :confused:
In my opinion you're better off stating a number. There are people who will avoid picking a host that offers 'unlimited' and people who specifically look for unlimited are going to be people who will abuse you since they're unwilling to pay for what they'll use.

*soft voice* bandwidth relates to the speed and transfer relates to how much btw. unless a host uses a gigabit backbone connection to the internet they shouldn't state 'x gb bandwidth' :)

All the "unlimited transfer" paid webspace hosts do that - I think what Clawz means is that he monitors the usage for the total server and compares it with the revenues he's getting, and as long as they're in acceptable proportions, he won't put a limit on the individual user (the law of averages - the majority of websites that use < 1 gb data transfer will compensate for the minority that use lots of gb of data transfer, and in the end, everyone is happy), but if the law of averages doesn't work, then he'll probably announce data transfer limits and pricing.

--- whats the policy ??

I got a site zz4.clawz.com I see its gone already.

I was away for 2 weeks and was not able to be around and edit 24/7.

I don't mean to be critical but my latest and biggest irritation with free hosts is:where is my site?

I don't get tos'd.

They NEVER email anybody before a site is zapped or deleted.

Even good old Crosswinds I would find a disappearing site about every 6 months. 6 months better than 7 says,etc.
:confused:

That is one thing I don't understand about hosts, WHY do you have to edit them every 7 days or so? I am not sure if that is a Claws policy or not, just having a rant about those that do require it. Once you have your site as you want it, why on earth do you have to add to it or edit it?

I have still tripod and geocities sites that I haven't done a thing to in over 12 months. They are just there plodding along and I know by my paid host's stats that they are still working because of incoming hits from both sites. [/rant] :p

Maybe take the filesize limit of the Paid Accounts, wtf is that for, if people are paying they want to be able to upload whatever sized files they want, im sure 95-99% of people paying dont want a friggin file size limit, whew thats my rant for the day.

Could you up the file size to at least 450 or 500k? If so I could use you... images and midis and flash and such, and obviously this is still too low for warez. Perhaps a 3 meg SQL db? Mine on my current host is 2.79 megs, but I might be able to lower it.

Other than that great offer.

Originally posted by ( - P z Y - )
Could you up the file size to at least 450 or 500k? If so I could use you... images and midis and flash and such, and obviously this is still too low for warez.
Oh really? :eek: There is no stopping this scum :mad: The quote below is in reference to 85k file size limit :confused2
Originally posted by NetShooter
Freeweb-hosting.com noticed some japanese guys splited warez into small graphic files and uploaded them to free hosting space for downing.

That's probably the point, they probably don't want you to upload these file hogging bandwidth images and midis files.

Oh come on... you seriously are saying some webwarez idoit split his files to 85 kb. Let's check the new LotR movie: 3.3 gigs. 3.3 gigs / 85 kb... omg.

Okay ignore that it discourages warez, but I don't think this tiny file size limit is abusive to anyone with a life, I'm not asking for 2.5 megs here :/

CareBear: Yea, I guess it makes it limited, I'm just saying don't go wild and use 1G/day or something. And yea, your right. I'll have to rethink the bandwidth for paid accounts.

EpidemiK: That was my fault. I promise that won't happen again, on purpose. I should start doing weekly backups...

dsgdevil: I guess you didn't read the free account guidelines carefully enough.

Jan: I rather keep improving my services to attract more users.

Moonman: If I remove the filesize on paid account, they might abuse it also. Upgrade mp3s; use the space as storage, etc.

( - P z Y - ): Yea, I'll raise the free account file size to 500K. I noticed a old user of Clawz.com had a file over 250K... So I have to change it. And free account mysql db size is 5M, you suggesting to lower it? And yes people do split files to 85kb, I had 4 of those in the past. But I'll still raise the file size and use the bandwidth monitor to check up on the people that use alot of bandwidth.

Back