• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Clawz.com dies again?

jonny

I posted at clawz.com forums asking if they were in violation of there TOS with their cable connection, next day, FUNNY enought... site is down, files are gone. You guys suck. I spent all day uploading and installing scipts and all I got was to have them online for a day!

Jonny

No, they didn't do anything wrong. They violated @Home's TOS agreement - but they weren't doing anything wrong, in fact, they were doing something good!

Ok.. now Programmer2k, I really don't understand how you see this. And LeX, if you're being sarcastic then OK but it is definitely WRONG to break the TOS. That is like breaking a contract with someone. This is not Clawz's first offense either. They tried the same thing last year.

I have no sympathy (thats what your after isnt it?) You knew from the beginning that they were violating the TOS; Why did you trust them? You knew they were being bad, and you were being bad too. You were an accomplice - You HELPEDthem break the TOS.

anyways i dont think it really matters ;) Clawz will be up sometime wheter it be on cable 56k or DSL

I basicly posted on there forums ASKING if they were dumb enough to do the same thing again. And the reply was yes they were, bloody wankers.

ok what I meant was

clawz was doing this on cable so that they would earn enough to upgrade their connection

a legal connection for webhosting

They were breaking @HOME TOS but they didn't want to make it permanent
You know what I'm saying?

I hope they come back
I got nothing against them

So, is it okay to rob a bank for start up funds for a company? Because using your logic, it is.

Yes yes, I broke the TOS for the 2nd time.
1st time was with Rogers, this time is with Shaw.
And mostly 75% of the @Home users break em anyway.

and I was trying to get enought money to get a new connection, a connection which allows me to hosts server, which I found.

$99 CDN/month
so just hold tight, I'm trying to generate $100/month so I can maintain this connection.

Yes, you people have different opinions, but u have to remember this, YOUR GETTING THE SERVICES FOR FREE!

If you think Clawz.com was evil or something, why join it in the first place???

Use your common sense! I was only trying to offer more services the other FWP and what do I get for trying, u ppl putting me down.

So if u think Clawz.com is bad, just hush up and goto a different host next time.

My cable co allows servers to some extent - not that you can really create a big one with a 128k upload cap.

Woofcat - this is $100 Canadian, which I believe is about $67-73US...and how in the hell do you make that much from POKEMON? :p

50-60KB/sec
new connection will be around 60-70kb/sec
so, alittle bit faster.

wow, POKEMOM person, u can generate that much from a site, good 4 u. But where the heck is mine? DUH!
and mostly all the advertisiers won't accept FWP hosts. So, I'm stuck with $0.08/click when Clawz.com goes up again.

My cable upstream is only 16kb/s so it doesn't effect other customers if you do run a server.

8 cents/click - ouch!

Your advertiser's banners don't really seem to be banners that will get clicks. After all who wants to click on banners advertising Menopause Treatments? All the banners on your site advertise to niche markets, you won't get many clicks that way.

Back