• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Circuit City Back!

ZooleyoWeb

I just saw in the news today that CircuitCity.com is back.It is just an online service now, and no physical locations i believe.

that is correct they have a online store open now through the people who bought the name. However it is ONLY online and no retail locations will be re-opened [yet anyway]

I personally thing that they should have just let the poor shattered remains of the company stay dead not try to pull a humpty dumpty on it and bring it back to life.

Meh. Their liquidation (of only 10% on selected items) was ridiculous. Didn't even see any difference in price on anything.

Systemax is shady as ----. They bought out CompUSA (or just CompUSA's name? not sure) after they went bankrupt too. They seem to buy out all the really terrible electronics retailers after they go under. And I've only bought one thing from tigerdirect and it was DOA.

Systemax is shady as ----. They bought out CompUSA (or just CompUSA's name? not sure) after they went bankrupt too. They seem to buy out all the really terrible electronics retailers after they go under. And I've only bought one thing from tigerdirect and it was DOA.

---- yo couch ngga!

Or, at least that's what a Systemax rep would say to you right now.

And yeah, I bought an ATI vidcard from tigerdirect back when 64MB video memory was good. It was DOA as well.

Unlikely; a Systemax rep would probably have a distinct Indian accent.

Think "Ghetto Kumar"

MV5BMTI2MzMxNzM4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTQ1NzI3._V1._SX485_SY319_.jpg

I bought something from TigerDirect and it was fine.

...I forgot that systemax was CompUSA. I'm gonna have to avoid them now.

I'm not a representative or anything, but my experience has been completely different.

I've bought six different computers (mostly desktops, but one laptop) from Systemax and have had great experiences with all of them. The couple times I had hardware break on me, all warranties were honored without any hassle and the parts were promptly replaced at no cost to me.

Also, I've ordered over $12,000 worth of parts and equipment from Tiger Direct over the past few years on the business account that I manage and had only one or two problems. In fact, the only one that really stands out was when I ordered a printer thinking it was brand new but it was refurbished. It was on the page but in one discreet place. This was technically my fault; however, Tiger Direct sent out the brand new printer over night mail, sent me a prepaid sticker to return the refurbished model, and the only charges that I had to pay was the difference in price between new and refurbished. They comped all the additional shipping.

At one point in time, I needed the new Microsoft Office suite for the business and I ordered it from them. The next day it was listed as out of stock. After not receiving a shipping notice a couple days later, I called and talked to a representative about it and he said they were having website problems and the product was out of stock a few days before it was noted on the website that it unavailable. After telling the rep that I needed the software as soon as possible, I was told that they would work out a solution and send it out the next day. A couple days later, we got a package and they sent me the professional version (we had bought the basic one) since the one I ordered was not available.

Beyond the business ordering, I've also personally ordered at least $5,000 worth of parts and equipment and never once had a problem.

Maybe I've just had insanely good luck with this company, but I just really find it odd when I hear bad things about Tiger Direct knowing how good of an experience I've had.

I guess it just goes that way though, because while everyone blows Newegg's whistle, I've dealt with them about four or five times and three were terrible experiences including one TOTAL NIGHTMARE over getting a refund.

I swear Newegg and Tiger Direct divvy up the customers and decide which company is going to totally screw them over and which is going to provide them the best service of any company ever.

I have ordered stuff from both newegg and tigerdriect and never had any problems with either of them. Then again I have ordered WAY more from newegg [$2000~] than tiger direct [$100~] :p

Back