• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Chitika - Fraud?

Bad luck if you're from India or China

Or if your traffic is predominantly from there. Apparently, the high rates of fraud from these countries makes it uneconomical at the moment. Isn't that racist? The Chitika CEO, Venkat Kolluri, is from Andhra Pradesh in India. It's kinda hard to call him anti-Indian.

WTF now im from india and d webmaster of the company is from india too and still he isnt allowin indian webmaster 2 participate.

Ya, btw frankly saying they display one same adverts in rotation, not displaying ads like google do.... they offer ads somewhat like clicksor..on keyword based!!
Not as good as google ;)

which one of your sites are the chitika ads on? I want to see how they look when in an actual site rather than the demo on their site.

justagaguhl said:
which one of your sites are the chitika ads on? I want to see how they look when in an actual site rather than the demo on their site.
I have placed it on FotoRack.com.
Its on the main page the bottom 300x250 banner

Mr.X said:
I have placed it on FotoRack.com.
Its on the main page the bottom 300x250 banner

I like your site and how you made the ad blend in.

ZombieMatt said:
Ouch my friend just got his audited stats went from $400 to $90.

Do you know if they tell you why such a large reduction? Fraudulent clicks or anything? That's a big jump.

Last edited:
My site is not considered by chitika. I don't know why he(chitika wm) hates Indian webmasters. (Btw, more than 70% of my traffic is from US, uk, canada.)

Last edited:
Chitika actually looks pretty good. I will give them a go and register with them. If they can work well with my Casale and Adsense banners then I will stick to them.

Chitika has become a Hottest advertising concept in this year. Currently according to some reviews people get large deduction through their audited revenue and it has become subjective. :eek2:

The Chitika guys are cool... Their payouts are the best in the industry...

Btw. i got upto $0.78 per click for search results...:)

I applied and got positive response within 24 hrs. Their rates seem very good comparing to others with minimum payout is US$ 10 via Paypal & US$ 50 by check. But stats takes a lot of time to appear.

I get around 100 clicks on my adsense ads and I only just scrape in at $15 :\

I guess it depends what ads are shown because $9.51 for 20 clicks would do me for life :D

The hotness is calming down for now. You must take into consideration that the stats you are seeing are unaudited statistics. I have read about a webmaster having a $400 unaudited and ending up with only $90 audited. I have tried Chitika for the past few days and it is not working out that well for me. I guess the program only works for some websites.

as long as you dont click on the chitika ads yourself (same ip). there wont be much difference between the audited and unaudited revenue.

Not the case. Chitika don't pay for every type of traffic. It is not as simple as invalid clicks, they only pay for certain traffic like US or UK traffic. So some clicks are discounted off.

Back