• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheapest .com Domain

hibs1875

Alright folks. Anyone know were to get the cheapest .com domain name? Or are all sites roughly the same? It's for a little project I started.

Thanks
:beer:

247internet.com sells .COMs for $6.95 (it's $7.20 total - including the ICANN fee of 25 cents).

You can also sign up for a reseller account and buy domain names yourself (domains are cheaper for resellers). I do it this way with hostingwolves.com and have .COMs for $7.25 and pay with Moneybookers.

Thanks. Are their any sites that accept PayPal? So far not one site would accept my card as payment. (UK Resident)

Personally, I would always recommend Dynadot.com

$7.99 USD (4.07 GBP), free domain ownership changes, excellent customer service, easy control panel, free domain parking. I couldn't ask for anything more. Cheap price, great service, PayPal accepted.

Namecheap is where i reg my domains. They cost $7.99 after you put a coupon in (theres a new coupon every month, just search google). They also accept paypal.

I reg'ed around 50 domains there since i joined a few years ago.

NameCheap is good,I Got 200 + There,Dont get a domain just Cause It's Cheap,Some Places Cheap Really Suck example "RegisterFly"

Want quality not price.

But either way namealerts.com is great there $8/year but they point and work within 5-10minutes normally, and accept paypal.

I recommend namecheap. Almost instant setup (1-2 min for me usually) with nameservers. 100% satisfied with their services.

netfirms.com - $4.95

ive used them for like 2 years and they work fine. their hosting isnt great, but ive had no problems with domains.

I'd take some caution in buying the cheapest domain you can find. I bought one at killer prices at Registerfly.com and had horrible service, and they eventually "stole" my domain and put an ad-farm in it's place without notifying me. After threatening them with lawsuits for copyright infringement, they finally gave my domain back for the rest of my paid few years, and said they had made a "mistake."

When the difference between reputable companies and cheap ones are a matter of just dollars, I'd go with ones you have heard of, like GoDaddy. I have also bought a ton of domains through Yahoo actually, they have given me fantastic service, they charge around $10 a year.

Cheapest would be 1&1 for me, but of course, I don't use them and I don't think anyone should. Too many bad reviews about them... :(

Anyway, I would recommend either NameCheap or DomainSite. DomainSite would be cheaper, but NameCheap seems to have better features.

Back