• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap Web Hosting in the UK

Were are your UK servers based?

I actually find your american server to be a faster response. I personally dont mind what country my site is hosted in as long as it's fast and support from the company is good.

I also dont like the regulations of service providers in the UK, Within your UK datacentre do you own the material hosted? places like demon and claranet used to claim full rights to your work.

Hello
Our UK servers are at Redbus Interhouse in London.
Ping time from here (256k leased line)

UK 30ms
US 122ms

However, if your ISP uses a webcache there will be no practical difference most of the time in deliver of pages.
When we went for UK servers we got them as close to linx as possible at a reasonable price.
If you don't put them in east London you would be as well having them in the US as most out of london options are way too slow to be worthwhile.

Those rules of Clara and Demon are nothing to do with them being UK companies. Its just rules they have made up for their own reasons.

We do a lot of Windows hosting in the UK as well.
In the US Windows hosting is not popular, in the UK its expected as the norm almost.

Gordon

I take it you have some expereince of UK2.

Try phoning them, or indeed e-mailing them.
You might find it rather difficult.
I can think of at least 10 dedicated server providers in London
who would be better.

(we don't do dedicated servers so I have no axe to grind!!)

http://www.ultraservers.co.uk/
Are our main suppliers in our three countries of operation.

Gordon

Originally posted by GameCube
With www.uk2.net you can get a Cobalt RaQ for £11.00 a week. Unless you buy a domain, your hostname is raqXXX.uk2.net.

There is a £150 + VAT setup fee ... you pay the whole payment in 1 bing lump i believe or atleast used to

UK2 is located in Redbus Interhouse with multiple backbones providers such as

AboveNET , Carrier1 ( gone basically ) , Level3

:classic2:

I have access to two 2mbps connections one through Telewest and one through NTL. Using my telewest connection i find your US servers faster ..... however your US servers on NTL take ages to load pages but load your uk stuff as fast as lightning.

Hello
It justhappens I have access to the Telewest network via my leased line (I use Onyx Internet and they provide network services for TW and my IP is acceptable onto their network)

If I plug in the TW/BY proxy server (ink2-) the US pages come up very quickly but if I just use a straight connection they are a lot slower.
It really depends on who the ISP uses for transatlantic data and how they are set up for it.

Gordon

Back