• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap HDMI Cabling

[ih]Demetris

I recently picked up a new LCD tv and im currently using YPrPb to connect my cable box to the tv but i know HDMI is superior performance and quality. However when i looked around for one the prices just stunned me 85 bucks here at the local Best Buy for the monster cables. I dont have a preference on brand name just decent quality. But i just cant see paying that much for a cable. Has anyone seen or know of any places where i could pick up a cheaper one. Anyone have any particular suggestions on which to go with? Thanks Guys

I picked up a 50 ft dvi-d cable for my home theather on ebay for 30ish bucks.
Works great, no complaint.

Monster cables are ridiculously priced. Snake Oil marketing :p Wish I realized that before getting a pair though heh.

Search google, I found www.avcable.com, 10ft hdmi @ 17$

I picked up a 50 ft dvi-d cable for my home theather on ebay for 30ish bucks.
Works great, no complaint.

Monster cables are ridiculously priced. Snake Oil marketing :p Wish I realized that before getting a pair though heh.

Search google, I found www.avcable.com, 10ft hdmi @ 17$
They maybe over priced but provide superb pictures.

blabla, any decent cable at a fraction of the cost will provide an equally good picture.

It's not that 'ultra titanium copper coated mesh filter' that'll change anything haha

Thanks for the info but i just havent seen the difference in the quality. I have a 42 inch rear projection that i purchased monster dvi for and it got chewed up by my dog so i ended up just buying a cheap replacement and couldnt tell the difference. Besides all the hype that they put behind the product i dont see a diff..

Fair enough. I purchased a Monster set of cables for my 360. Huge difference.

Trust me, they do.
Why should I trust you? Who are you to tell me what is better?

If you believe in that snake oil marketing then you are one gullible individual.
And deserve to be raped from your money :p

Fair enough. I purchased a Monster set of cables for my 360. Huge difference.
Fair enough, then again any other aftermarket cable costing slightly more then oem would of given you better results then stock :)

Edit:
On a positive note about monster, I like how mines have an easily switchable connectors.
Plug and play banana or spade connectors in a second :p

Last edited:
I'm doing a bit of testing i ordered the one Wojtek suggested (Precision HDMI) and i picked up a even cheaper one thats just your standard HDMI cable nothing special. But the true test is one out performs the other. Eh i figured even if either is not as good then so what i still spent less than i would have on a monster cable :)

As far as I know [and I am not an expert, but know a decent amount about electronics]....HDMI is a digital signal. Which means its either "on" or its "off". Therefore, crappy cable and great cable will perform the same. The only difference I can come up with is in regards to interference and that is all up to how well the cable is shielded.

thats the conclusion that im beginning to draw as i read more and more on this subject..it all seems the same from all the reviews that i have read thus far..

Back