• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap Domains - Australia - .com.au $54.95

ffs, .com 1 $21.50 . it's year 2005 NOT 1994. i can get it cheaper than 9$/year.

new in business?

Domain Length (yrs) Price
.asn.au 2 $38.00
.au.com 1 $21.50
.biz 1 $21.50
.cn 1 $93.00
.co.nz 1 $33.00
.co.uk 2 $49.00
.com 1 $21.50
.com.au 2 $54.95
.com.cn 1 $93.00
.geek.nz 1 $33.00
.gen.nz 1 $33.00
.id.au 2 $34.95
.info 1 $21.50
.net 1 $21.50
.net.au 2 $54.95
.net.cn 1 $93.00
.net.nz 1 $33.00
.org 1 $21.50
org.au 2 $16.00
.org.cn 1 $93.00
.org.nz 1 $33.00
.org.uk 2 $49.00
.tv 1 $93.00

Well they are in Aussie dollars not American (I'd like to see a $9AUD domain), this is an offer more for Australians who wish to stay local and pay in Australian Dollars. This is a good price for an Australian registrar, look around.

Besides the good price is the .au domains. You will not find a cheaper .com.au.

aki said:
it's year 2005 NOT 1994.
Thanks for the heads up I never would of realised what year it was otherwise. You don't need to swear either by the way.

Simon

Last edited:
swear? i see the word ffs is more like omg. too bad you seem to don't like that word :)

sorry then but ffs is not in my dictionary as a "bad word"

hardly anyone here is australian theres a few of us british here and a tonne of americans who wants .com.au? i mean come on .com.au how laim all that when a .com is like £10?

I'm currently remaking a site for an australian client, and yes her business site is com.au

stop bashing eminence, he's offering some good stuff for his aussie folks with flexible payments.

You can't buy one anyway

maddude said:
hardly anyone here is australian theres a few of us british here and a tonne of americans who wants .com.au? i mean come on .com.au how laim all that when a .com is like £10?

Australian Business = .com.au, When clients are searching for an Australian business they look for .com.au first. Besides 10 sterling is $25AUD so x2 for two years you get $50AUD. So a .com.au is not that much more expensive and brings more local traffic. Also .com.au in general have less name already registered so you have a much higher likelyhood of getting the right name for your business.

Also you cannot buy a .com.au because your not an Australian registered business anyway. Neither can Americans. So I don't see your point. Australian domains are not just handed out to riff raff from all across the world you MUST be an Australian citizen with an Aussie address. Unlike other name agencies auDA has restricted the .au for Aussies only so they actually mean you will get an Aussie site.

.com is an international domain so if a business is not an international business then they should have a 2ld country domain so that people can find them more easily.

If none of you wish to say anything constructive then I will take my offers else where.

Simon

bozley05 said:
Going by his price structure, I think he is a NetRegistry.com.au reseller.

http://www.netregistry.com.au/resellers/products_domains.html

Adds $5 onto every base price. So he is selling .com.au for next to no profit, coz he must add $4.95 GST to the $49.95 cost price.
Too bloody right. These people on this forum look a gift horse in the mouth and even insult it. I wouldn't normally sell domains direct, I am web programmer/designer and usually sell them included in a complete package. But I thought that other people might be interested in a good price. Obviously not.

Simon

eminence said:
But I thought that other people might be interested in a good price. Obviously not.
You get bashed by one person and assume the rest of the community's the same. How sad.

Back