• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap Dedicated Server offers plz

Wow. Hostingdepartment.net is not working for you? Oh well, someone else said they are having problems with their site.

But my offer stands, it's an offer of truth, no overselling is involved and you really do get 600GB bandwidth. You know there is something that’s called an unmetered bandwidth dedicated server :p

And on your point for shared hosting... Dedicated servers and VPS's are ALWAYS cheaper than shared hosting, if they where more expensive how would hosts make a profit? :p

Maybe you should find out the facts before implying that a host is overselling. You might actually get a good reputation around here if you do.

Our current VPS packages can be viewed here.

You may also look at out dedicated solutions here.

If you cannot afford a dedicated server, I can offer you half of a server. You may PM me for more info either here, or on the forums the links point to (I'm heymrdj there as well). If you decide to PM Netcafe on the forums, tell him I sent you, I have talked to him about offering you this half dedicated server deal.

Last edited:
ingfina said:
You are completely wrong here.

Don't belive me? Let's take a look at the numbers then (all for VPS 300):
- It looks like there are 8GB Ram on the server.
- Non-oversold that is space for 16 VPS.
- Bandwidth: 16X600GB=9600 GB. That needs a 50mbps connection (OK capped 30 may work.)
- Diak Space: 16x30GB=480GB
- Their Income for the server: 16x$39=$624
- They claim Savvis, so lets say Layeredtech:
Server: 8GB Ram, 500GB HD (2x250 cheapest), 9600GB data transfer
Layeredtechs cheapest 'regular' price (no control panel etc) is: $1,749.00

More than twice what the hosting company is making...
Company won't last long or is extremely oversold

Let me correct you there, if LT are making more than twice than what the hosting company is making then don't you think its stupid to do this?, I mean, come on, who's going to sell VPS & knowing there going to lose loads of money, now your either incredibly stupid or you don't have a clue what your talking about.

& our VPS are not hosted at LT.

ingfina said:
:
Server: 8GB Ram, 500GB HD (2x250 cheapest), 9600GB data transfer
Layeredtechs cheapest 'regular' price (no control panel etc) is: $1,749.00

More than twice what the hosting company is making...
Company won't last long or is extremely oversold
You are wrong. I just went to layeredtechs website and filled out an order for a dual Xeon 2.8 GHZ with those specs and the order came up to$489.00 even.This is retail price, nevermind that they get a special price as a reseller, they still make very good money.

Craig said:
your either incredibly stupid or you don't have a clue what your talking about.
You be the judge.

Craig said:
our VPS are not hosted at LT
Oh. Where are they? Do you have one to ping and a download test?

Galaxy-Hosts.com said:
You are wrong. I just went to layeredtechs website and filled out an order for a dual Xeon 2.8 GHZ with those specs and the order came up to$489.00 even.This is retail price, nevermind that they get a special price as a reseller, they still make very good money.
But NOT with 9600Gb transfer. Otherwise please show me, I'll buy a couple... Are you a reseller? - I but it from you.

Right now, all I'm asking is for all offers with what I'm looking for that is a vps or dedicated server and then see what is the cheapest

hottweelz said:
Wow easy boys.

There's a lot more to this world then the waste of time you all call LT! LOL
True True Personally I dont deal with LT. I cant say they are a waste of time because I never have dealt with them. However they do seem a tad spendy, but then I dont know what their resellers discount is.

AvailNetworks said:
you think layeredtech is expensive?
I dont know of many cheaper that are really worth mentioning

Couldnt agree more. LT have some great specials if you know where to look, ehhh Avail :p.

yeah their specials are quite good sometimes. they usually have them right after I buy a personal server though haha.

they have been good to me though, I don't really have any major complaints with them overall and I've been with them I think 2 years maybe now

Avail Networks, Hosting Department, Primitive Hosting, RTG, LayeredTech, all very good things have been said about these companies. Do some reviews on them and you will see. Then weigh out the good and the bad between them. Good luck to you :)

Back