• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Changing domains

Gnubie

Can someone please advise me how I can change my domain name from NameZero to another domain company (possibly GoDaddy)?

My domain name expired last week and to re-register it with NameZero it will cost me $34.95 for a year, compared to approx $10 USD at other places.

I've got no idea if I have to pay twice or once I dont want to use a company they have rights on the domain name.

Any help would be much appreciated!

It could take around 30-45 days for the domain to become available to register again after the expiration date. When it becomes available you can just go to Godaddy and register it there. You have to know though, that by doing this, you risk losing the name.

You could also lose the domain as soon as it drops if it's an interesting domain.

Check to see if there is a snapback on it at snapnames.com at a minumum. Just waiting and doing nothing may result in someone else owning your old domain, now that you have let it expire.

-t

Back