• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cartika Hosting Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth17

I've been with Cartika Hosting for about 6 months or better now and all I can say is WOW :coolmusic

They have the BEST reliability, speed, services, and customer satisfaction out of every webhost I've EVER used. I've been through about five hosts now (not including free hosts) and Cartika Hosting is the best by a large margin.

They offers a clustered H-Sphere environment for your web site and application hosting. This in effect gives you many advantages over other setups that many other hosts will use.

• Dedicated Resource Servers ensuring performance and stability
  • Redundant DNS Service (DNS1 & DNS2 services on dedicated resources)
  • Users will never experience a complete loss of all services
  • Ability to perform Control Panel Maintenance and Upgrades without affecting ANY other services
Diagramatic of CartikaHosting Cluster

http://www.cartikahosting.com/images/stories/webpages/cartikacluster.jpg

The data center is located in Texas, a central location for US residents. The company is called Colo4Dallas. You can find more information about the data center on Cartika's site or the Colo4Dallas site.

All Servers in the CartikaHosting H-Sphere Cluster are configured as follows:
  • Dell Server Hardware
  • Dual Intel Xeon Processors with Hyperthreading
  • 2 GB RAM
  • SCSI Drives (Hot Swap) with Hardware RAID
  • Dual 10/100 Nics
  • Redundant Power Supplies (Hot Swap)
The customer support/technical support is out of this world. If I submit a support ticket, I always receive an e-mail from an actual representative (not the automated message) about the issue within 30 minutes. I had submitted a support ticked on July 14, 2006 at 3:18pm concerning an issue with my statics service. I received the automated e-mail instantly, and in 9 minutes I received another e-mail from a technical support representative regarding the issue. I didn't even get the time to reply when at 3:44pm I received notification from another rep that the issue has been resolved.

This is only a small view into their world of customer support. I've spent hours with one of the reps that I most frequently deal with. He transferred all my files from my old hosting company's server, set it up, and helped me resolve any and all issues. I've NEVER come across dedication like that in any other hosting company, or honestly probably any other company period.

Their site has all the Uptime Statistics, MRTG Graphs, and Network Status of all their servers in real-time. Rarely can you find a company anymore that is willing to put stick their neck out on the line and show everyone the truth. They will because they can with their quality services.

They also host for some major corporations. You can find their client list of the top sites on their Cartika.ca site. As of now they are:
  • General Motors
  • Sprint
  • Habitat for Humanity
  • Cunningham Lindsey Inc
  • Dunning Golf
  • Fleming College
  • Faytex
  • vLink
  • Starr Celeste-Falconeri LLP
  • GreenFire International LLC
If they can host for GM and Sprint but you think they can't fulfil your needs in a webhost, you should be looking into free hosting. ;)

Anyways, just a testimonial for anyone looking for TOP quality hostig.

http://cartikahosting.com
http://cartika.ca

My website hosted at Cartika is http://theoverclocked.com

Thank you for your time,
Jordan S

I am in no way affiliated with Cartika Hosting. I only use their services and REALLY REALLY the quality of the company and wish to spread the goodness to users like you. Thanks.

Last edited:
GM and Sprint are both running on different server software than Cartika. Doesn't prove or disprove anything, but just weird is all.

TheOverclocked.com appears to be hosted at Cartika.

Tree said:
GM and Sprint are both running on different server software than Cartika. Doesn't prove or disprove anything, but just weird is all.

TheOverclocked.com appears to be hosted at Cartika.

Yes, do a whois and it shows the nameservers.

I am honestly not spamming, only trying to help people in need of a good host. I was there one time and know how frustrating it can be. Please don't post in my thread that it "possibly" spam as I don't appreciate it and I don't think you would either. If you all could kindly edit your posts then it will make room for more important comments.

The website is http://theoverclocked.com

Thank you,
Jordan

The ''provide URL rule'' needs to be changed IMO, any host that did self promo could select any domain on the server as he or she would have access to this.

(BTW am not saying this is self promo but its a VERY weird testimonial).

Last edited:
Glad you like your host. I don't think Cartika are the types that would forum spam. And really I do not think the owner would be "dumb" enough to make it like an ad if he wanted to get a review across.

So this looks simply like an enthusiastic customer to me :)

That domain is registered to Joel and you sign yourself Jordan. Also in a different state to the registrant.

I have never yet run across so many ignorant people on a forum. The worst part is, it isn't just the members, the mods too. You all should rethink what you have done and realize this isn't going to give the forum a good reputation with behavior like that.

I fully support you on the subject that a testimonial may not be legit, but that is no reason to spam the thread writing the same thing the member above posted. If you have a question about legitimacy, take it up in PM. Be professional about it, please.

Just because it is a good testimonial doesn't mean it is fake. What is going on in your guy's head? Come on now.

Yes the domain is registered to Joel Hunter. If you took a minute to look up the facts before posting spam you would see that JHunter is an administrator on the forum at the site of the provided address above.

I am especially ashamed of the moderators that have posted in this thread. It is common sense to at least take a quick glance at my history in this forum. You will quickly see that I posted a thread back on 10/21/05 looking for a new webhost. I had posted that I decided to go with ZeonFX for a webhost, and the thread was closed directly after that. Well that doesn't sound right now does it? Did I switch from ZeonFX to Cartika? Well lets have a looksee at the site http://zeonfx.com :rolleyes2

The attached image is an invoice to once again provide more evidence to this "VERY weird testimonial."

At least I do have one person on my side, thank you JodoHost. And yes, you are right, I wouldn't expect a company like Cartika Hosting to EVER post a "ad" like this and not come upfront telling you it is them.

Chris.S, I'm glad you posted that. It means I did a good job. Thank you for your putdown, yet thank you too for your approbation.

ingfina, yes, I believe what is going on is that they are hosting certain parts of their site or services. I had briefly asked them once and if I recall that's what they said. I will ask again if you'd like.

I hope this is a lesson to all of us. Next someone will be asking for my social security number along with my passwords to my backend to believe it. Grow up guys/girls.

Thank you,
Jordan

JodoHost said:
Glad you like your host. I don't think Cartika are the types that would forum spam. And really I do not think the owner would be "dumb" enough to make it like an ad if he wanted to get a review across.

So this looks simply like an enthusiastic customer to me :)

100% agree

cartika has no need to spam a free webspace board for clients. They do not target the free/lower cost market anyway from what I have noticed

AvailNetworks said:
100% agree

cartika has no need to spam a free webspace board for clients. They do not target the free/lower cost market anyway from what I have noticed

Thank you for the word of patronage. :beer:

I have never yet run across so many ignorant people on a forum. The worst part is, it isn't just the members, the mods too.
Easy there my friend! I trust that Cartika would not spam a board, but in all honesty, the review has the feel of an ad. It would easily get a raised eyebrow from almost anyone who's not already aware what Cartika stands for. It really would. Which is why posting more evidence to back its validity would would help everyone, including Cartika.

I hope this is a lesson to all of us.
Me too! Reviews should not look like a sales piece. This means focusing on what happened to you, and not going into detail on the technical/features side of things. BTW, that huge image in the middle of the post didn't help at all.

That being said, I'm really glad to see a positive review on a higher end company. There's enough talk about cheap hosts. :)

stealth17 said:
Yes the domain is registered to Joel Hunter. If you took a minute to look up the facts before posting spam you would see that JHunter is an administrator on the forum at the site of the provided address above.
So if it is your site that is hosted with cartika, why is it not in your name?
I am especially ashamed of the moderators that have posted in this thread. It is common sense to at least take a quick glance at my history in this forum. You will quickly see that I posted a thread back on 10/21/05 looking for a new webhost. I had posted that I decided to go with ZeonFX for a webhost, and the thread was closed directly after that. Well that doesn't sound right now does it? Did I switch from ZeonFX to Cartika? Well lets have a looksee at the site http://zeonfx.com :rolleyes2
When a "review" about a host is posted, if it looks like an ad, you can bet we will ask questions. Why should I need to to check on the whether zeonfx is still up and running? Red flags were raised and we looked into it. I am sure Andrew is well aware how moderators and members like to get to the nitty gritty of a review, especially one that reads like a blatent ad.

As Dan said, tell us the positive points of this host instead of pasting their plans like it should be in the offers forum.

Well I must have some salesman in my blood? I was trying to make a good review so people could see not only how good of service I have, but why I got such good service.

Jan said:
So if it is your site that is hosted with cartika, why is it not in your name?

Joel went to college and got too busy for the site. He said I could take it from there since it was about 50/50 at the time. I then bought the full license of vB and have been paying the hosting since.

I'm on lunch break and don't have much time but I can answer any more questions after work.

-Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back