• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cap'n Crunch Lawsuit

Joe_G

Who knew "Crunch Berries" weren't real?!?

On May 21, a judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California dismissed a complaint filed by a woman who said she had purchased "Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries" because she believed it contained real fruit...

...According to the complaint, Sugawara and other consumers were misled not only by the use of the word "berries" in the name, but also by the front of the box, which features the product's namesake, Cap'n Crunch, aggressively "thrusting a spoonful of 'Crunchberries' at the prospective buyer." Plaintiff claimed that this message was reinforced by other marketing representing the product as a "combination of Crunch biscuits and colorful red, purple, teal and green berries." Yet in actuality, the product contained "no berries of any kind." Plaintiff brought claims for fraud, breach of warranty, and our notorious and ever-popular California Unfair Competition Law and Consumer Legal Remedies Act...

Story
Court Documents

crunchberries.jpg

I was just thinking that, anything to get some money these days. What did it cost $10 at most, just move on. How many times does the average person blow $10 on stupid stuff and they don't mind.

lol one day this dude decided to eat only McDonalds for a year to prove what everyone already knew, its unhealthy!
even McDonald's told him not to do it and he was putting his life at risk but it wasnt enough, anyway the dude ended up fat and what not, I think he gave up after only 6 months or something.

So he proved what McDonald's had already said, there food is unhealthy.. I still dont get to this day wtf the point of it was.

People are just retarded and thats it.

lol one day this dude decided to eat only McDonalds for a year to prove what everyone already knew, its unhealthy!
even McDonald's told him not to do it and he was putting his life at risk but it wasnt enough, anyway the dude ended up fat and what not, I think he gave up after only 6 months or something.

So he proved what McDonald's had already said, there food is unhealthy.. I still dont get to this day wtf the point of it was.

People are just retarded and thats it.

You sure that wasn't Supersize Me? He ate McDonalds for 30 days and almost died on the 23rd day (I believe), but I believe he completed the 30 days but had almost gained 25 pounds and his cholesterol was through the roof!

You sure that wasn't Supersize Me? He ate McDonalds for 30 days and almost died on the 23rd day (I believe), but I believe he completed the 30 days but had almost gained 25 pounds and his cholesterol was through the roof!

idk who it was, just thought it was retarded proving what McDonalds had already said.
Fair enough if they was claiming it was healthy but they never did that.

Yeah, that sounds like Supersize Me.

Back