• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can u really make money on the internet? Hm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

username

I was thinking of putting up a few websites with ads.. probably on the FWPs
(I haven't thought of what kinds they will be yet though..
I don't want no adult or illegal materials...)

What kind of websites do u think can generates high traffics... that's what I need to get revenues..right? (or is there something else..) possibly with low maintenance need..(I'm a lazy bear..^^;)
First, I was thinking of web directory like.. but it's all too common.. isn't it..
Hm.. maybe I should make one teaching how to make money..^^;
I think I need something that people needs everyday..something irresistable..something.. essential.. something almost addictive.. something good.. coffee?
I dunno..

Yep, you can make money off the web just don't expect to make the thousands of dollars you see Yahoo! and the like making... In most cases it probaly works out better to get a low paying, minimum wage job. But I must say it can be enjoyable and fun at times (at times :) ) with some good learning involved.

PS. If I had one of those brilliant ideas I don't think I'd be sharing it with anyone on this forum. no offense or anythings, just I'd rather keep that cash!

Yahoo! is some trademark of some Yahoo! incorporated, that makes lotsa moneyz, just thought I'd point that out, plz don't sue me! ;)[/i]

nah.. I wasn't going to extract secret ideas from u..geez..
I know u r not that naive :p
I just don't know where to start.. maybe minimum wage thing is the.. thing for me :(
In general, what sort of websites are successful.. or at least paying out some returns?
Maybe I'd better get myself a banner on my screen using alladvantage ot else..

I'd just go to a search engine and select one of the top 20 searches and do a site on that... just about guarenteed some traffic! But you'll probaly want to find a site you enjoy to do...

I think that's a great idea.. :)
I'll just do that..thanks
Umm.. where can I find the top search terms...?

[Edited by username on 11-14-2000 at 05:59 AM]

DirectHit top searches:
  • Pokemon
  • Napster
  • Baseball
  • MP3
  • The WWF
  • Martha Stewart
  • Volcanoes
  • Auctions
  • Personals
  • Games

And Lycos' list is at http://50.lycos.com/

Hope that helps, and if you're looking for advertisers and how these 'fad sites' are built why not head over to Pokemon Essentials (my fad site)?

http://pokemon.djcl.com/

WARNING There may be refferal links in the content. Under 'webmaster tools'.

I'm making over $1000 per month

A well done emulation site (legal or "semi-legal") will make you tons of $$$$ if you promote it right. If you can get the site to place in the Top 5 on several "Top Sites" it will get MEGA-TRAFFIC. These kinds of sites also tend to get tons of repeat visitors that keep downloading files and posting on message forums, which translates to banner impressions shooting through the roof. I'm running one now, sure it's a lot of work but VERY rewarding!

What's your site? I'd like to make that kinda money. Could you help me get started? Maybe we can work out some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement in exchange for you helping me out. Banner split? Something like that. Dunno. Email me if you don't want to post here.

what sponsor do u use that won't kick u off for a roms site...cuz i'm plannin on making this big big roms site....with n64 roms snes roms and a whole lot more

Emulation? I don't know anything about them except that it's conversion thingy between platforms..right?
I think I should walk on a very fine line between semi legal and illegal for that.
And I get the feeling that the site without any illegal material may not be as popular as the one with (if at all), or maybe I'm wrong.. As I said I don't know anything about them.. :)
Do u think I can be perfectly legal and be successful at the same time? If so, can u help me get started like ron?
Thanks..
(BTW, thanks for sharing ur experience with us, Mrpaul)

Actually n64 roms are funner to play on the computer then on a n64. You can use your own joysticks etc.

Emulators themselves are not illegal. Creating emulators is not illegal. Nor is distributing it, as long as the author has given permission for the emulators to be freely distributed. (Most emulators are totally free.) Even having ROM images on your site is not illegal ... having ROMs is only illegal if they are copyrighted commerial games. Having "public domain" ROMs (ie. ROM files created by users) is okay. I think StandardInternet programs (like AllClicks, SearchTraffic, BulkClicks, etc.) will accept emulation sites as long as they don't have any "pirated digital materials" on them (ie. copyrighted ROM files).

so you're saying that roms created by users (users ripping nintendo cartridges for example) (the rom files are CREATED by the users...) is legal?
Strange.

The rom cartridges CREATED by users is fully legal. For example you can get delelopment kits online for anything from GameBoy's to N64s.

Ripping copyrighted material (official cartridges you do not own), to create a rom cartridge is illegal.

As far as I know, but these laws are constantly changing.

but then only the illegal ones are known to most people so that's the popular one but you can claim their yours blah blah blah...

Originally posted by Cheap Bastard
so that's the popular one but you can claim their yours blah blah blah...

If you do that you'll be infringing copyright and probaly get sued even more than just copying them! And that wouldn't be pretty ;)

there must be things other than semi-illegal materials I can use for my site..
I know, I'll make a fan site for britney spears, now there is something no one has thought of ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back