• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can this price attract people for virtual hosting?

snk

Account has standard features of Cpanel like mysql/PHP/CGI/MySQL/PostgreSQL/FTP/Fantastico/etc..

4.5 GB Space
10GB Bandwidth

$2.5USD/M

Can I attract people come to my company?

what are the other features that you provide?
cpanel, fantastico, ftp, pop3, mysql...

ppl take these into consideration too when choosing a webhost

You'll probably scare customers away

And have you looked at the economics of providing packages with those specs?

It scares me slightly...

How come the space is disproportioned to the transfer so much? I mean, upload your site and view it all two or three times and bang, everything's used.

Yet, it's all about finding a nice medium in the end. You'll get customers with any price, if you pay for cards right... starting from free to a couple of hundred dollars or so per month ;)

Features aren't really that important in the end. cPanel accounts everywhere are much the same, and doesn't really affect server resources to the extent extras should be charged. Yet some do for good reason on the other side of the scale.

It's the other things you bring in, such as support, reliability, etc :)

Good luck snk

DO you really want to fight for $2.50/month accounts? We offer a $5/month and a $10/month account just to have something in those price range but we do not market for these accounts. It takes a lot of $2.50/month accounts to pay for a server and you will have a ton of customers to support. Kinda like working for nothing.

snk said:
Account has standard features of Cpanel like mysql/PHP/CGI/MySQL/PostgreSQL/FTP/Fantastico/etc..

4.5 GB Space
10GB Bandwidth

$2.5USD/M

Can I attract people come to my company?

space/bandwidth ratio is not good. also, yes, you can attract people to your site, but then they leave without ordering as they can see you are overselling your server :)

2.5 x 200= 500 USD
The server
with 4 x 250 GB HD
is only $394

If 4.5 GB X 200= 900GB

So, there is still some of the space.

it is not overselling, right?

Have to say, calculating by space is totally WRONG!!! :D When setting up price, you have to pay much more attention to serverload (your server performance) than to space or bandwidth :D

i would always have the ratio ( Space X 5 = bandwith) I Think That Would Work Better Than What You Have It So If You Have 4Gbs Space You Get 20GBS Bandwith *Edit* Also 1 more thing.. Round On The Occation to the nearest 0 or 5 ;)

Last edited:
p2p said:
i would always have the ratio ( Space X 5 = bandwith)

I personally think the following ratio is optimal for shared hosting:

space:transfer
1:20

That would cater for the majority of users, plus also give them a bit of extra transfer 'just in case'.

Yet I said it's personally what I think; it's entirely up to you.

Best of luck ;)

Ratio should be higher, we use 1:15. 1:20 would also work fine. Our clients use up their bandwidth way more that they use up their disk space.

Bryan

Back