• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can this be done?

Sikes

I was just wonder if you can get the iFrame effect that IE has in Netscape(below v6). So you can change the background make words bold etc...
I guess using CSS to do it is half of what I want, but I want certain words being defferent... Any ideas?

Sikes

You can replicate an iFrame in Netscape 4.x, see this column:

http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/column23/

For the second half of what you said, about changing the background and making words bold, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're talking about... are you asking if you can do such things in a fake-iFrame? Yes, you can.

Text formatting is about all the CSS NS4 gets right. Why do you need an iframe to make text bold? :confused:

There was/is a NS specific equivalent to iframe called ilayer. Guess you could play around with that. Never tried, but it should be possible to get something working putting the ilayer within the iframe tags. But I wouldn't.
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/html/tagpages/i/ilayer.htm

<ADD>
Sorry, was looking up the URL and didn't check if anyone else had answered. Well, now you've got two URLs. :biggrin2:

Last edited:
What I meant was...

What I meant was that I could change the background and font color etc. in a textarea for example, with CSS. But when you do that, the whole thing will, for example, change the text red. So you can't do individual text manipulation, for example. this is bold and this is italic. If you were to create a textarea with CSS, you can't just stick in a bold or italic where you want, it apply's to everywhere....

Well, I don't think I made sense there, but hey. ;)

I will use the URL's you guys have given me, thanx a bunch!

Sikes

Sure you can. :)

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
span.bold { font-weight: bold }
span.italic { font-style: italic }
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>
<p>
This is <span class="bold">bold</span> and this is <span class="italic">italic</span>.</p>

</body>
</html>

It's better though if you use for example <em> and <strong> instead of <span> and assign the styles you want to them.

<<ADD>>
Or do you mean a real text area like in a form? :confused:
No, then you can't.

Last edited:
I think he means in a real font. Anyways, if you just wanted to make it bold or italic[/b], just use the <b></b> and <i></i> tag. ;)

Back